Match Thread: Sheff Utd v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Gonna come off as blindly defending Wesley here, but again.

I'm genuinely baffled at how much shite, misplaced passes, terrible decisions and lack of effort i've seen from at least 5 or 6 other players on the pitch, yet all I am seeing is his name lmao.

"He should be holding it up top", are you lot even watching the same **** match?

We haven't even reached "Up top "

Amen, brother.

McGinn and Lansbury have been terrible today. How can people criticize the attack when the guys who are supposed to be supplying them have been so nonexistent?

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm genuinely baffled at how much shite, misplaced passes, terrible decisions and lack of effort i've seen from at least 5 or 6 other players on the pitch, yet all I am seeing is him name lmao.

"He should be holding it up top", are you lot even watching the same **** match?

being saying it for a while.

but if flaws are not dealt with early, i.e some months ago.......this is what you drift in to.

This game of football is dynamic not static.....you are either getting better or getting worse, rarely do teams just stand still.

I think we have been are getting gradually worse, recently.

Just now, Nigel said:

Seriously, this has been a really good defensive half.

First 15 minutes of the 2nd half will be interesting though!

We aren't bombing forward with our midfield.

They are all sitting deep. I think it's a tactical switch from Smith. This looks intentional.

Jack on the left works to an extent when Conor plays. Not today. He wants to be back in the middle where he can dictate the game more. He looks fed up of having to keep tracking back and defending. Put Trez out there and take McGinn or Lansbury off. McGinn deserves hooking more but they do play better together in the middle

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

we have done great first half. frustrated them and silenced the crowd. Hause has been terrific no nonsense row Z centre half performance.

Lansbury has done bits, all the team battling well. Gazi typical gazi he needs to give us some magic wingplay. Sheffield impotent blunt blade nothing to worry about.,

However Wilder will surely tear the paint off the walls half time so the first 10 mins of half 2 will be like the seige at the iraQI Embassy, we need to weather this storm then see if we can nick the points,  smash and grab

I'm actually shocked you of all people think this, sure, we have been OK defending wise, but we have been terrible in almost every other department.

We had a 1 or 2 minute spell where it seems we were gathering momentum, then had a stoppage for Guibert and it all went back to form.

Just now, villalad21 said:

We aren't bombing forward with our midfield.

They are all sitting deep. I think it's a tactical switch from Smith. This looks intentional.

Very much so, I think Mcginn and Henri have been very disciplined!

I think we took Utd by surprise with this approach!

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm genuinely baffled at how much shite, misplaced passes, terrible decisions and lack of effort i've seen from at least 5 or 6 other players on the pitch, yet all I am seeing is his name lmao.

It's dissappointing me that when the ball does go up in the air he's not really challenging for it, he runs to where it is, but just giving their player the header by not getting up there.

You're right though not a lot happening elsewhere though.

1 minute ago, Bunnski said:

We look terrible again but at least we're not losing. We might score if we actually get someone in the box. Give kodjia a chance second half 

That's like getting Corbyn to stand in if Boris is sick.😀