The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

The country is broadly centre to centre right. To win elections, target them.

Almost. I'd say it is broadly centre-centre left. There is basically one right wing (national) party, and then a bunch of centre/centre left parties and Labour. In terms of overall vote share, the centre-left/left will and almost always does, gather more votes in total than the right.

One problem if FPTP, another is the left parties fighting for the 55% or whatever of the leftish voters and the tories fighting for the other 45%.

Labour being not bonkers means they get to win most of the lefty voters. They and Jeremy Saviour Corbyn seem not to have noticed this.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness to the chipper Tories on here, they've had to listen to a fair bit of the rest of us over the last few months. 

And had this result been the other way they'd have had to listen to us again.

I am pissed off but this result was not totally unexpected and I don't blame the Tory voters for it. It says it all that the best any of us who are anti Tory were hoping for is a hung parliament. After 9 and half years of the Tories and what they have done any decent opposition with a good leader should have been looking at a majority in this election and the failure for not getting it is on them for not offering up an alternative that enough people could vote for.

I just hope now that things aren't as bad for those who have already had a terrible kicking the last 9 years and in that regard I cling onto the slim chance that now Tories have won some northern towns that are really struggling their approach may be a little different with the intention to hold onto to those voters.

• Like 2

Just now, blandy said:

Almost. I'd say it is broadly centre-centre left. There is basically one right wing (national) party, and then a bunch of centre/centre left parties and Labour. In terms of overall vote share, the centre-left/left will and almost always does, gather more votes in total than the right.

One problem if FPTP, another is the left parties fighting for the 55% or whatever of the leftish voters and the tories fighting for the other 45%.

Labour being not bonkers means they get to win most of the lefty voters. They and Jeremy Saviour Corbyn seem not to have noticed this.

This country is not centre-centre left ffs. 

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

This country is not centre-centre left ffs. 

By votes cast it is (or was). Not an exact science, I know, but add up the Labour, LD, SNP, Green etc. votes cast, and then Tory/Brexit Co. etc. votes and generally the centre-left votes are more.

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

Shame. It would have been the one thing for every decent person to have clung to.

When the cameras went there he looked subdued so I thought he’d gone