The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the belief that privately owned companies will be forced by a labour government to give every one of their workers a pay rise

but he's the one duped...

He is a working class bloke voting Tory because he's angry poorer people than him could earn more money.

He has been manipulated into thinking those poorer people are a bigger problem than the millionaires and billionaires.

D-U-P-E-D.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

The Exit polls have been very accurate in recent times though ? 

They have, give or take a few seats. I do not want them to report the Tories on 320 seats - as I will then have to stay up all night to see where that number ends up, 5 or so either side and it changes everything. 

11 minutes ago, Rodders said:

there was an old lady with a clipboard asking for details when we came out, I didn't see the blue rosette at first but all she was asking was how many voted, not who for, not sure what that detail can tell them beyond sheer volume. Perhaps I was supposed to assume by the rosette that if I chatted to her I was saying we voted for the blues I dunno. 

don't know if this lady is an exit poll person tbh , they should be wearing MRS Id cards , but we know that the vast majority working don't even know what the MRS is

candidates / staff etc  aren't allowed to wear anything that could influence someones vote  , i thought ?

Just now, tonyh29 said:

don't know if this lady is an exit poll person tbh , they should be wearing MRS Id cards , but we know that the vast majority working don't even know what the MRS is

candidates / staff etc  aren't allowed to wear anything that could influence someones vote  , i thought ?

yeah it didn't seem like useful information they were collecting for an exit poll. Maybe they do stats on numbers voting,  but I've got a feeling I may have accidentally suggested to this lady we voted for her. She asked for our ID Roll numbers. Odd.

19 minutes ago, hippo said:

The Exit polls have been very accurate in recent times though ? 

Different methodology in other times  , least I've never heard rumours around it akin to what we are hearing this time out ...

Like I say it may work out fine  , It's more a curiosity thing for me in this instance

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Somebody working class voting the Tories because Labour's policies would make poorer working class people richer blows my mind honestly.

It's so utterly and depressingly self-defeating.

Divide and rule mate - blame someone poorer than yourself - works over and over...

13 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Somebody working class voting the Tories because Labour's policies would make poorer working class people richer blows my mind honestly.

It's so utterly and depressingly self-defeating.

small cleaning business owner has 10 workers on minimum wage, if labour get in he’ll have to pay them all £10 an hour, ultimately sacking many off as he’s not making profit.

why am I gonna vote for a party who supports lazy people? 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I remember feeling utterly depressed and resigned last year and the Exit poll was a huge shock.

We'll see.

who do you begrudge more - the non working class guy next door or the billionaire on TV?

if you believe that people are duped in to picking the guy next door then that's up to you but that's not true from my experience of growing up working class

labour's inability to shake the stereotype that they will do more for the guy next door is just one of many stereotypes that they are unable to shake, that's their problem

2 minutes ago, MCU said:

small cleaning business owner has 10 workers on minimum wage, if labour get in he’ll have to pay them all £10 an hour, ultimately sacking many off as he’s not making profit.

why am I gonna vote for a party who supports lazy people? 

So the workers should work  for lower wages to keep his business afloat ? 

57 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Interesting interpretation.

I've edited my post but I'll add it here.

If 'poor' people are blaming very poor people for their ills rather than the Tories and rich, then they have been duped. I'm sorry. The very poor (poor family with 4 kids and a free house) are not the reason that the 'poor' are 'poor'. Sorry but it's all a con.

Replace very poor with the EU and the same is true.

Maybe that's the problem.

Everyone is blaming everyone else and expecting those two jokes of parties to fix it.

They wont, because neither give a shit about anyone, poor or rich, but about another cushy term at the HOC.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

They'd be working for the wages they accepted when they were offered the job?

Point still stands - He is paying them a pittance to keep his business profitable - If he can't pay them a reasonable wage the business can go bump. 

• Like 4

Just now, hippo said:

Point still stands - He is paying them a pittance to keep his business profitable - If he can't pay them a reasonable wage the business can go bump. 

He pays his staff more so starts losing money himself, starts charging more. Nothing changes the numbers just get bigger

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Maybe that's the problem.

Everyone is blaming everyone else and expecting those two jokes of parties to fix it.

They wont, because neither give a shit about anyone, poor or rich, but about another cushy term at the HOC.

they all want to be there for see the £4bn refurb completed

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

not really

take my brother for example, works at vision labs factory in kiddy, currently working doubles and weekends if he can get them to pay for Christmas, he's a supervisor so on maybe £12-14 an hour (maybe...)

how does he react to the headline that Corbyn wants to get mcdonalds workers £15 an hour? "**** that word removed"

what does the real living wage of £10 do? makes all the people below him earn more, diminishing the benefit of his supervisor role

there is a belief that labour will be of more benefit to those below him than there will be to him, the gap between those below him and him will close the gap between him and those above him will stay exactly the same

he will vote tory

Well that's a classic tory voting belief isn't it. **** everyone else and make sure it's all about me. 

The idea that Boris Johnson would care about a supervisor earning £14 an hour suggests he's been duped  

• Like 2