The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

20 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

This came up on my timeline;

I'm still a bit undecided about my vote direction tomorrow. 🤔🤔🤔

I've obviously taken into consideration what I consider to be the following swaying points on the two main parties:

On the one hand the Conservative Boris Johnson is a bit of a rascal  with the ladies and can sometimes bend the truth a bit, ok, a lot.  He’s also a bit posh and can’t really talk in joined up writing. 

I had this posted by some prat on facebook earlier. I stopped reading at this point as if that is only thing you think Johnson is guilty of then you haven't been paying attention.

• Like 3

Plenty of reports of long queues at polling stations and a large youth voter turnout. I think they are the main hope that we may see the Tories fail to get a majority.

I hope the younger voters are the deciding factor in this election as it is their futures that will be most shaped by it.

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I had this posted by some prat on facebook earlier. I stopped reading at this point as if that is only thing you think Johnson is guilty of then you haven't been paying attention.

The person who posted it (copy pasta) is an army vet who was in ireland in the 70s/80s.  Needless to say, anything involving the IRA is like a red rag to a bull. 

Basically, it's about armies and nothing else. 

Shit sticks. 

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

He isn't. I detest the man but he isn't an idiot.

Boris Johnson - not as clever as he thinks he is, but not as stupid as he looks.

1 hour ago, MCU said:

small cleaning business owner has 10 workers on minimum wage, if labour get in he’ll have to pay them all £10 an hour, ultimately sacking many off as he’s not making profit.

why am I gonna vote for a party who supports lazy people? 

I pay my cleaner £10 an hour.  Why shouldn't he?

If someone has set up a business that relies on a product or service being at a fixed price forever, it's a shit business model.

Why am I gonna vote for a party who supports shit businesspeople?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

So, with no disrespect, he was similar to the people he is voting Tory, to stop them getting richer?

don't fully understand what you're asking but I think yes, he didn't get the increase in his wages and position because a labour government gave it to him, he got it because he worked hard and earned it under a tory government

22 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You probably don't necessarily notice the cost of things creeping up.  Most people reflect on a large period of time ("do you remember when a Mars was only 20p?  It's now £1!  How times have changed") rather than small incremental increases.  

definitely not, I don't know for sure but im fairly certain my brother will end each month with £0 in his bank, in the last 9 years he's gone from starting each month with circa £1,000 to circa £1,600 so in a basic mindset that equates to better off, in reality the amount of shite he spunks money up the wall on has decreased but that's less noticeable, probably even considered sensible "I don't waste money like I used to" that's because stuff costs more...

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Hence why people call her thick as shit. What a dumbass.  Why open yourself up to scrutiny like that? 

Keeping morons like her around is my biggest criticism of Corbyn, tbh.

imagine Diane Abbot as Home Secretary. I wouldn't trust her to be an actual secretary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

don't fully understand what you're asking but I think yes, he didn't get the increase in his wages and position because a labour government gave it to him, he got it because he worked hard and earned it under a tory government

I'm pointing out the inconsistencies of the position.

I think your 2nd sentence is a pretty insulting one tbh. It implies people of a lower standing than your brother 1) don't deserve more money 2) their only chance of more money is if they're falsely given it

You can both work your arse off, and get more money because the government increase the minimum wage. The positions are not opposing.

Shows how effective divide and conquer has been for the Tories anyway. Thanks for the discussion, I won't talk about your bro anymore.

Edited by StefanAVFC

6 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Not only is it a different shoe it looks like it's a left too.

She must have Guantanamo toe.

It’s funny on the surface, but given the slow and obvious deterioration of her mental capacity in recent times (from a low base, granted), she may be in the early stages of a serious degenerative illness.

No-one who puts odd shoes on the wrong feet should be in a serious position of power, but she could be Home Secretary and overseeing MI5 by the weekend. Terrifying. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Hence why people call her thick as shit. What a dumbass.  Why open yourself up to scrutiny like that? 

She's clearly extremely stupid. How did she manage to become an MP, convince thousands of people to put their local area into her hands? I must be missing something?????

25 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

My bold: Of course you did. Imagine reading that litany of Jezza’s good deeds and then going “yep, that’s my guy.” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dom_Wren said:

What time UK time will we get a clear picture of whats happening?

Further to Stefan's post, there's a link in my post from yesterday to a google sheet with estimated declaration times for each seat:

15 hours ago, snowychap said:

As to when we'll have a clear picture, given the potentially complicated nature of this election it might be later than usual (though the exit poll at 10pm might turn out to be right again)..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

It’s funny on the surface, but given the slow and obvious deterioration of her mental capacity in recent times (from a low base, granted), she may be in the early stages of a serious degenerative illness.

No-one who puts odd shoes on the wrong feet should be in a serious position of power, but she could be Home Secretary and overseeing MI5 by the weekend. Terrifying. 

My sons friend came to ours to play a few summers ago and we thought he had his shoes on the wrong feet. Took them off, and we were confused for a moment until we realised it was 2 left shoes of the same style. Now he was about 5. And it was the same style you might make a case for him being a bit dim not realising before leaving the house. But how does a grown adult do it, when they are not even the same style shoe?

Edited by Genie

22 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Probably put on by one of the police officers she was going to give a 30quid/year salary.