The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

26 minutes ago, hippo said:

Rumours the postal votes look very bad for labour.

I think we could have something close to a Tory landslide. A majority of 70 for Boris wouldn't be a surprise for me.

PVs are always better for the tories, because postal voters tend to be older, more likely to be unable to get to the polling station and so on.  It's not a new thing.

For the predictions, it feels even more uncertain than usual, to me.  As well as the normal difficulty in making predictions when there are lots of new people coming on to the register with an unknown or incompletely known propensity to vote, and the (possible) difficulty of predictive models developed incrementally over many years adjusting to a changing model of campaigning, there is also the further uncertainty of how Brexit will affect voting.  Will it override other factors, or not?

I see the forecasts as a bit of short-lived entertainment, and not to be taken too seriously.  But we'll soon see how well they have done.  Hung parliament, I would say.  And Swansong to be the first party leader to step down, possibly leaving trails of fingernail marks in the carpet in the process.  This may be a triumph of wishful thinking.

45 minutes ago, hippo said:

Rumours the postal votes look very bad for labour.

I think we could have something close to a Tory landslide. A majority of 70 for Boris wouldn't be a surprise for me.

Yeah this has come from Laura Kuenssberg who has probably broken electoral laws by saying so as what @StefanAVFC says. She appears to be gagging for a Tory win anyway so wouldn’t trust what she says.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

This is basically a PSA for that one poster on here who loves polishing his rocket over Tories (sorry, can't remember who it was):

Ruth Davidson pledges to SKINNY DIP in Loch Ness if SNP win 50 seats in election

'Former Scottish Conservative leader Ruth Davidson has pledged to go skinny dipping in Loch Ness if the SNP win 50 seats at the General Election.

However, she said she is making the pledge safe in the knowledge "that my modesty (and others' eyeballs) will remain unmolested" as she does not think that will happen.

Davidson said that conditions are "markedly different" from 2015 when the SNP took 56 seats.

Writing in The Telegraph , she said the nationalists have been keen to talk up the possibility of winning 50 seats .

She said: "I will happily wager to strip naked on the banks of Loch Ness and subject myself to a Hogmanay wild swimming session should such a result occur, safe in the knowledge that my modesty (and others' eyeballs) will remain unmolested."'

more on link: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/ruth-davidson-pledges-skinny-dip-21071065

I believe that’s @avfcDJ, but it’s just Liz Truss he has an odd fascination for rather than Tories in general ;)