January Transfers 2019/20

sne

52 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Giroud linked with Newcastle as well.

I'll be fuming if he goes there over us. They are guff, he won't get the ball!

Who would want to live in newcastle? ive never been there but someone told me it's a horrible place.

3 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

Who would want to live in newcastle? ive never been there but someone told me it's a horrible place.

It really isn’t.

It’s like anywhere it has nice areas and some more rundown places also.

Some lovely surrounding countryside too.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

I was dating someone up in Sunderland when I were 19, it didn't go well in the end, however to get back home to the midlands, i had to get into Newcastle. I had missed the train so I was stranded all night in Newcastle, let's just say the people there were kind to me, offering me chips, drinks cigarettes even a roof over my head. They were smashed of course it was weekend and the train station is pretty much the start of the famous pub crawl you can do that is sposed to be a mile long in pubs. I never forgot the kindness of the people there though and to be honest it doesn't look all that bad in its city or at least didn't.

Sunderland itself is a nice place in places, like everywhere else you see comes the bad and the good, what really stood out is Sunderland three beaches that are next to each other, what a day out that is on a lovely day.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

One of my friends were English when I was growing up. His father was from Newcastle. 

Still today remember a bunch of us going to their house when we were about 10 years old in different English football jerseys. Villa, Newcastle, Blackburn, Liverpool etc. Then another friend showed up in his Man Utd shirt. The father refused to let him into the house.  Great guy, but absolutely football loony toon. 

/anecdote_off

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

Actually quite a nice town.

And again, you expect millionaires are not able to find nice places wherever?

51 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I would ignore this 'someone' if they give you any further reviews of things. Newcastle is a fun city, with good nightlife and some excellent architecture, and its multi-level riverside is very striking. People tend to be nice too, if a bit mad.

Yep but Sunderland on the other hand...

it should be newcastles style of play that puts him off rather than the city, they hardly get a sniff of the ball, play an isolated one up top, have a couple of shots a game

ultimately the money will talk, if we offer him a 6 month loan paying his wages and not a lot else and Newcastle offer him a 6 month loan with a deal in the summer offering to put him up rent free in a mansion in the countryside and provide a car and then also attach additional goal and staying bonuses he will probably go there instead

just because its a loan doesn't mean they cant offer a better financial package

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Hope we can get rid of a few too, we haven’t quite completed the clean up job.

We're hardly going to be clearing out when we are so light through long-term injuries.  January is not the time for major overhauls - we aren't going to be getting rid and we aren't going to be signing 6+ players.  I'd be very surprised if we see more than 3 (at a stretch 4) come in and no-one out apart from juggling some of the loans.

14 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

We should buy all the players that Newcastle wants.

I can just see our line-up after following that approach:

--------------------- Glenn Murray ------------------------

------- Grealish ------------------ Billy Sharp ---------

Taylor -------- Whelan ----- Nakamba ---- Elmo

------ Engels ------ Mings ---- Phil Bardsley -----

------------------------ Nyland -------------------------------

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I can just see our line-up after following that approach:

--------------------- Glenn Murray ------------------------

------- Grealish ------------------ Billy Sharp ---------

Taylor -------- Whelan ----- Nakamba ---- Elmo

------ Engels ------ Mings ---- Phil Bardsley -----

------------------------ Nyland -------------------------------

Proper team that. Run through brick walls. Give 110% every game. Get their boots on. Be proper up for the fight. They'd be at it every game. Proper lads. Proper characters. Proper professionals. Proper shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3