January Transfers 2019/20

sne

28 minutes ago, useless said:

Leicester also linked with Guirassy, their scouts seem to be able to spot a good player. Most probably there's no truth to it, but it's a new name.

Apparently his club have said that they’re interested in selling him in the next couple of windows. Do they have financial problems or is he the French Scott Hogan?

Cheeky bid for victor moses, as I understand we can’t loan 2 players from the same premier team (drinkwater) Bit of a risk, currently out on loan at fenerbahce with inter sniffing around him.....not sure there’s any truth in it or that he’s inter standard, but could maybe do a job for us?

23 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Apparently his club have said that they’re interested in selling him in the next couple of windows. Do they have financial problems or is he the French Scott Hogan?

If he is, nous devons jouer à ses forces. 
No point otherwise. 

• Haha 2

Looking at Guirassy stats, he doesn't seem to be a prolific goal scorer at all. 324 minutes per goal with Amiens so far this season. 372 minutes per goal with them last season.

Looking at his other stats in depth, it doesn't look good. Doesn't seem to be a good finisher. Doesn't seem to contribute to the attack much. Doesn't assist much. Doesn't win many aerial duels in open play and ground duels. Poor defensively, even compared to other strikers.

Smarterscout says that his defending quantity is high. I'm not too sure what it means since this is only the second time I've used the system but I think it implies he's an aggresive player which could I guess help with how soft we are. But when combined with his poor defensive quality, it does take it down.

Only 23 so could still improve. But not what we need right now at all just from looking at the stats.

Edit: Seems to be decent at long shots and on corners. That's all the good things I can find about him.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The Polish girl next to me can inform me that Piatek literally means Friday, so Christopher Friday. 

Not sure why I am saying this, but it was funny to me. There you go. 

We will have our own Man Friday?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, screwdriver said:

we had a  golden opportuinity to get a coup such a piatek in before any of the big guns came sniffing, however as usual failure to get deals over the line has cost us.

It's just like when Gregory let Junhinio and Keane slip through the net. Forever in excrement creek!

I don't recall our then chairman ever being too willing to splash the cash, let alone the sort of cash that we would have needed, to have finalised the Junhinio deal. I suspect that the man whose name is still on the Witton Lane stand, may have been more responsible for those deals having not actually happened, than our then manager was. Why or why not those potential deals didn't happen, are however for a transfer thread of long ago, that now exists only in the Twilight Zone...😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yep it’s an odd one. No one had said we should be signing him all window. His name got mentioned 3/4 days ago and now he’s the one signing everyone says we should make

Is he good on Fifa? 

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yep it’s an odd one. No one had said we should be signing him all window. His name got mentioned 3/4 days ago and now he’s the one signing everyone says we should make

He is this January version of Leroy Fer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So both Barry and Samatta have been photographed in “Plough at Shenstone”. So which reliable VT’er is going to set up camp there until the transfer window closes to see our other signings come in?

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

So both Barry and Samatta have been photographed in “Plough at She stone”. So which reliable VT’er is going to set up camp there until the transfer window closes to see our other signings come in?

It's also where Dale Stevens Jermaine Defoe and Joe Bryan (still on the run from Bruce) are hanging out these days.