January Transfers 2019/20

sne

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Taremi seems to be doing pretty well in Portugal, he's known as the Iranian Zlatan, has a good goal scoring record at internatinal level too, not sure of the oppostion though. Looks a good player.

I was just reading an article where the ex-Wednesday manager Carvalhal (now the Rio) coach was saying he is too good for the (Portugese) league. Looks strong from the couple of videos I just had a look at.

24 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We used Kodjia - he didn’t perform and didn’t look like performing. He wanted out, so we didn’t use him to secure a deal out the club which has happened. 

This isn’t Football Manager. You can’t always line everything up perfectly. 

(Calling Son a striker is laughable, by the way)

He had a combined 96 minutes of PL action for us. He was always great for us every time he appeared in the cup. I don't get how so many people here seem to be so confident Kodjia provided nothing so much when he was never given a proper opportunity to show what he could do for us. Its not like Wesley was **** amazing in his first 96 minutes of PL action(or for any 96 minutes PL actions either). It feels like posters have made up their mind regarding Kodjia before he even stePPED on the pitch for us and I do think some of it was in an effort to defend Wesley playing the full 90 in almost every game. 

Look, I don't think Kodjia would probably have been great either. But I disagree with how ridiculously confident people are that he wouldn't perform for us, especially in our current extremely desperate position with no fit strikers at the club. He at the very **** least deserved more opportunities to show what he could do and this constant slating of him not being good enough for a team with no other fit strikers is baffling to me.

He probably wanted out, but I'm guessing a lot of it had to do with him not getting enough game time in the first place.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Update on Giroud and Inter.

If we buy Piatek, they'll take Giroud. If we don't buy Piatek, we'll take Giroud. Simple as that!

Piatek plays for AC Milan, his situation doesn't affect Inter.

We aren't buying Piatek.

• Like 1

All reports in the press/media say there is a buy out clause in his contract, which if true we have obviously triggered.

Now, If Mbwana Samatta was/is our first choice forward in this transfer window we must have known this and surely this should have been done in the first week of Jan and he would now be fully signed up.

I cant believe the club did not know this and if so then they are negligent in seeing us play 4 crucial games without a striker. 

Thats assuming he was the number 1 choice of course.  

It seems obvious to me the board have decided we have enough already and have just instructed jesus to leak these bullshit names to twitter to keep the fans in a state of high arousal?

They can keep playing the "work permit issues" cd over and over again until 1st of Feb. Then in true eddie the eagle style claim "we tried our hardest but failed. red tape issues, blame brexit. you working class scum did vote for it. Sorry guys, keep selling out the stadium though!"

OR Maybe the coffers are empty.  we spent the TV money in aug

Or maybe they don't trust Jesus and Smith anymore? Jesus because he managed to find the only two brazillians who are shit at football. and smith because his eye for talent begins and ends at griffin park.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

It seems obvious to me the board have decided we have enough already and have just instructed jesus to leak these bullshit names to twitter to keep the fans in a state of high arousal?

They can keep playing the "work permit issues" cd over and over again until 1st of Feb. Then in true eddie the eagle style claim "we tried our hardest but failed. red tape issues, blame brexit. you working class scum did vote for it. Sorry guys, keep selling out the stadium though!"

OR Maybe the coffers are empty.  we spent the TV money in aug

Or maybe they don't trust Jesus and Smith anymore? Jesus because he managed to find the only two brazillians who are shit at football. and smith because his eye for talent begins and ends at griffin park.

You have to remember this is Smith’s first season in the Premier League, he did a great job in getting us promoted last season. If we finish 17th this season, I’ll be over the moon. We had to rebuild the squad completely last Summer, if we kept the same squad we had at the end of last season, we’d be cut adrift at the bottom of the table. Albeit slowly, I think we are evolving as a team, we just have to patient as fans 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Christ this link depresses me.It's like another Tonev, Bowery, Salifou, and you don't even need to watch him play to know it's the case.

Brighton paid around £20m for Jahanbakhsh who apart from a couple of decent seasons in Holland would have a similar profile. If we are buying Taremi for a small price then I don't see the problem. Iranian internationals have generally done well in Europe also and would have greater pedigree than the likes of Bowery. He would have been playing in front of 80,000 fanatic Persepolis fans regularly too which should help experience wise.

11 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Yeah all the ITK Twitter rumours are leaked by the club. You've cracked the code. Well done

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, useless said:

I didn't call Son a striker, I said he could play there, as he has done many times in his career, even when he's playing as a 'winger' he's not playing on the wing, he's playing as a wide-forward. So no calling him a striker isn't 'laughable'... Edit: Tottenham also have Moura who's also played many times a striker, or wide forward.

A little bit like El Ghazi?

If we wanted any old forward we could have recalled Hogan and Hepburn-Murphy.

Smith obviously knows that playing El Ghazi or Vassilev is a better option and probably Nyland up front would be too.

Hopefully Davis will finally be fit soon and we’ll have 2/3 actually decent forwards to play the last 14 matches rather than panicking early and buying 2 crap ones for 17 matches that we maybe could have persuaded some league 2 clubs to sell for 10 million each.

Edited by Elton

Looks a nuisance from that video, a confident finisher. That penalty was what Thierry Henry tried to do with Arsenal all those years ago. Based on that short clip (where I couldn’t really tell which one he was) SIGN HIM UP!! 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Haha 1