January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 hour ago, villanmac said:

I've definitely heard Gregory say himself it was him and not doug who pulled out of the Keane deal. 

Yes, that was said quite some time afterwards, by which time JG had left the club, I'm pretty sure. I always thought it was said, a little tongue in cheek myself, sort of, "Yes, of course you can have an extra half a million to spend on that young boy from Wolverhampton John, haven't I always said money is no object,when it comes to me finding millions of pounds for my managers to spend on footballers?" 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Oh do f*** off, Everton:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-piatek-17595767

I know we won't be signing him but it amazes me how much money other clubs have to chuck around, when we're talking about FFP despite having owners who are loaded. 

It's too make sure we do not catch the elite, absolute w@nk for all but a few

5 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Oh do f*** off, Everton:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-piatek-17595767

I know we won't be signing him but it amazes me how much money other clubs have to chuck around, when we're talking about FFP despite having owners who are loaded. 

Ancellotti will have an inside track with Milan unfortunately and if the player had been keen he'd have been ITSOTP by now.

21 minutes ago, Wes said:

Directly from Smith that we are after another Striker too.

While its very disappointing that Villa won't have Samatta for the game against Watford it's a great opportunity for Vassilev to stake his claim for the forward position. That is, if Smith starts him??

Edited by striker