• 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50-59
    • 60 or over

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Subtle Office reference?

"Both in our thirties"

Correct!

How old would you say I look? Most people say I look about 30...

really?

are you calling them LIARS?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Ooh, I think I was pretty early to the mailing list, too. When did that start? Mid-90s? 

I joined in 95/96 I think, first full Brian Little season. But the list has to be a couple of years older @limpid?

When this thread was started I was 28 and living in Telford, spending my time getting wasted with no real plan for life. Four months later I met up with some random Yorkshire lass for a mucky weekend in Birmingham. 13 years later I’m very happily married to her and all grown up. My life has changed immensely in that time, it’s mad. 

I only joined VT in 2016, which is weird because I used to post on 606 around the time I met my missus. I don’t know what happened in the five or so years in between but I’m sure I’ve always been on Villa forums in that time. 

Must have been a lurker for a while 

Stranger Stalking GIF

Christ, I was 36 when I joined. I'd be getting angry about not being able to get my bloody vaccine what all the old bastards were getting jabbed. 

My back wouldn't start aching at the slightest amount of manual work. 

My daughter would still be crawling. My son would have been in his first year at infant school. 

I would have twice as much hair as now and none grey. 

Edited by sidcow

5 hours ago, Tegis said:

I joined in 95/96 I think, first full Brian Little season. But the list has to be a couple of years older @limpid?

I think I installed the first mailing list software in 1994. Before that it was lots of people using cc.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, limpid said:

I think I installed the first mailing list software in 1994. Before that it was lots of people using cc.

Can't remember how I even discovered it. Possibly from Christian Jahnsen's website? God knows how I stumbled across that. 

40 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Can't remember how I even discovered it. Possibly from Christian Jahnsen's website? God knows how I stumbled across that. 

Very probable, too bad archive.org doesn't go back farther than Ravanelli rumours :D Pure nostalgia this

dyJq8hn.png

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Austerity-Olympics-Villa being crap-Trump-Brexit-Jack-Play off Finals--under virtual house arrest for a year.

We didn’t start the fire, It was always burning, since the world's been turning….

On 15/04/2021 at 11:52, Stevo985 said:

What I wouldn't give to be 22 now! And be having those kinds of birthday celebrations

At least I've come to terms with the bald thing!

What was her sister like? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 14/02/2008 at 01:44, El Zen said:

Now 34 (and still not bald.)

My son was six yesterday. Bring this thread back up another 13 years from now, he’ll be almost as old as I was when this thread was first created and older than I was when I joined VT 😳

• Like 1

I was 34 when this thread started 13 years ago and 30 when I joined VT.  Give it another 13 years and I'll be 60. Frightening how quick the years go and it seems the older you get the quicker they go. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Â