Cameron Archer

Zatman

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

one more and equals McCormacks entire Villa tally

Actually he scored in the EFL Trophy for us (Tranmere game 2019/20) and so therefore he has actually now beaten McCormack's tally...

• Haha 1

That 2nd was absolutely stunning. Commentators would wet their pants if Bruno Fernandes was running in at the keeper and produced that finish. 

What a full debut! Good on him. 

• Like 1

Didnt get to watch the game unfortunately but the highlights looked fantastic, that finish on the second was exquisite. Get him out on loan or onto the bench for a few games I reckon, kid could be something a bit special on that evidence.

What do we think? Keep him around the first team squad until January or Loan him out now hopefully to a League 1 side. I'd worry about going to a Championship side where he wouldn't get enough game time or would be in a relegation scrap

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

What do we think? Keep him around the first team squad until January or Loan him out now hopefully to a League 1 side. I'd worry about going to a Championship side where he wouldn't get enough game time or would be in a relegation scrap

I trust the people in charge to know what is best.  I think as an option off the bench for us now Wesley is off and Davis is injured would be best but then I could see him playing for a team like Derby who are short of players.  

It's exciting times again to be Villa fan after the little Jack wobble for a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

I think with Archer, JPB and Ramsey I forget that 19/20 is young for an adult. Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe, Haaland have skewed people’s minds that if you arnt amazing at 20 you never will be.

Most lads develop physically into a man from this age onwards. They are still scrawny/gangly but as they are pros are still fit and strong.

Archer looks a little bit stocky and based on that performance against the a poor league 2 side will be a league 1 player at worst. His finishing was ice cold and I hope he gets a prem appearance at some point this season if he doesn’t get out on loan.

Â