Cameron Archer

Zatman

No reason why Archer shouldn't be given another 12 months on loan next year, especially if we sign a new striker. 46 games in that league is better then a few mins here and there in the Premier League. 

Chelsea loaned Tammy out for 3 seasons straight to get him ready. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

No reason why Archer shouldn't be given another 12 months on loan next year, especially if we sign a new striker. 46 games in that league is better then a few mins here and there in the Premier League. 

Same as JJ for me...

If he isn't going to play, get him out on loan. If he is going to play, keep him here.

• Like 1

I’m really chuffed for the lad and hope he continues his progress but banging in goals in the Championship doesn’t mean you are ready for a Premier League team that has ambitions of European places. 

If he does get another loan I wonder how lower end premier league team would feel about him. Maybe a newly promoted one. Now that would be great experience.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m really chuffed for the lad and hope he continues his progress but banging in goals in the Championship doesn’t mean you are ready for a Premier League team that has ambitions of European places. 

If he does get another loan I wonder how lower end premier league team would feel about him. Maybe a newly promoted one. Now that would be great experience.

Agreed. I'd love to see him on loan next season again at another PL club if possible. 

Just because he bangs in 3 goals in 5 games for Preston doesn't mean he's good enough for Aston Villa. Adam Armstrong scored 28 goals in the championship last season. Goal scoring sensation, But done nothing in the PL this season. Pukki scores goals for fun in that division, doesn't mean he would get in the Villa side. 

Lots of questions still to answer, but happy he's doing well and he's got a future in the game.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

True, but imagine if he was ready. Some prodigy’s do turn out to be the real deal given a chance. His finishing in the younger age groups, for Preston in the championship & for the Villa first team is enough evidence to suggest he might just be ready. He looks lethal and intelligent. I think after his all-round game in that Carling Cup game against Chelsea, he should have been handed a start or 2 in the Prem. He did all he could to at least earn the chance imo. But this loan will benefit him and us no end. The club think highly of him and im sure Gerrard will integrate him when the time is right. All very positive around Cameron right now 👌

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Really? Why did we spend £30M on Watkins then? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

What if (it's a longshot) he does manage to get PNE promoted and they want him in the Prem? What do you do then, he'll have been too good for the championship, wanted in the Prem and we'll be maybe wanting a third (or replacement striker).

We aren't at the level to be loaning players to our league in positions of need are we? Would be an interesting one. PNE have 14 games to go and are 4 points off the Play off spaces. The teams above them have games in hand so it's a longshot but not impossible in that league - wasn't long ago we managed something similar.

In that situation I think he could very well compete with Ings and Watkins in their current form. Or if we sell one and buy a replacement he'd be a good third option.

If we keep Ings and Watkins and sign Suarez, he's probably going to have to go on loan though

37 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

What if (it's a longshot) he does manage to get PNE promoted and they want him in the Prem? What do you do then, he'll have been too good for the championship, wanted in the Prem and we'll be maybe wanting a third (or replacement striker).

We aren't at the level to be loaning players to our league in positions of need are we? Would be an interesting one. PNE have 14 games to go and are 4 points off the Play off spaces. The teams above them have games in hand so it's a longshot but not impossible in that league - wasn't long ago we managed something similar.

In that situation I think he could very well compete with Ings and Watkins in their current form. Or if we sell one and buy a replacement he'd be a good third option.

If we keep Ings and Watkins and sign Suarez, he's probably going to have to go on loan though

Why would be against loaning him to a PL club that's going to be in a relegation battle. He can't play against us and a stronger PNE means they are more likely to steal points off clubs competing for top 7 like us. I'm failing to see the downside. 

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well we know Watkins definitely isn't ready for that. At least Archer could be.

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Archer seems to have a random fan.

Wwe wrestler wade barrett

It's not really random for someone from Preston to be a fan of Archer*

* I only know this because someone posted his tweet the other day and I had to Google is as I had absolutely no idea who he was. 

Edited by sidcow

Â