Match Thread: Villa v Everton

limpid

Just now, Dave-R said:

I respect Douglas Luiz if only for the moment he was clipped on that run and tried his hardest to stay up and carry on, many would of just gone down for the foul.

How the hell was that not a yellow card? 

1 minute ago, ozvillafan said:

That ball from Jota for the goal - gorgeous.

Made possible by the run from Guilbert, which gave him time and space.

If we had the same on the other side with Taylor (who is sitting deep), we'd see more from Trez

Guilbert has been out of position defensively some of the time but he has really contributed going forward.

taylor has been out of position defensively most of the time but he has only really contributed to my stress levels.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

I was curious why Smith chose to play a Engel , ahead of Konsa/ Hause ... now we know .

Indeed. We might question some of his decisions, but if there's one thing he and Terry know about it's decent Central Defenders and we have two corkers!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

He has been great. What annoys me with him is the constant hoofing

To be fair, I meant Engels - I’ve edited the original post.

Mings has been decent, but you’re right on the hoofing. We shown that we can play out, so let’s try and do that. There is a time and a place to just put your foot through it, but Tyrone seems to choose that option every time. 

He’s got a good ping on him, so maybe it’s tactical, but it’s far to easy to read. 

if we had Targett on the left supporting Trez, i think we would see more down that side.

for me this is the first eleven, except for Targett in at LB.

Anyone who says Jota cant cut it at Prem level......all i will say is....lol.

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Important that we get at least a point from this. Playing well and getting nothing could really knock confidence.  

ye i agree with that, would calm the crowd (and fitire crowds) too, we just need to get off the mark and get the donkey off our back.

• Like 1

The performances have been there in all of the games so far. Even Neville/Sky were saying so before the game.

I've seen every minute and we look like a good PL side.

Keep it up boys

• Like 2