Match Thread: Villa v Everton

limpid

They look frustrated, similar to spurs in the first half. Hopefully we can keep that clean sheet. Pleased for the big man getting off the mark. We grew into the half, its nice watching this team grow together. You can see theyre all learning how to play with one another. Jota and Wesley have had a great understanding since preseason.

Only issue is I can’t see them being as bad second half. Gomes has had a shocker. 

Pleased with how we are playing. We have a decent team here on our hands. Really hope we hold on for the W. 

Wanted a point before hand but, well, now, 3 please 😂

oh and Fred is great going forward. Poor at the back. 

For me, we looked like we still weren’t sure we belonged in the Premier League, but after about 20 minutes started to settle down and looked so much better - the goal obviously helped!!

Oh, and Engels has been class by the way!!

Edited by villatillidie1980
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

If you don't love Wes after that 45 minutes there is something wrong with you. Also was it just me or did Andre Gomes look dogs mess in that half 😆

If I wasn’t his number one fan after the goal, I certainly was by the time he had finished giving Yerry Mina a stern talking to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danishlad said:

What’s with the Grealish bashing. He has been quality and worked his socks off

Tbf his socks are halfway off to begin with :D

Edited by sne
  • Haha 3

Just now, Sgl said:

If I wasn’t his number one fan after the goal, I certainly was by the time he had finished giving Yerry Mina a stern talking to.

How good is it having a proper talisman up front, I also love the fact that in the first 3 games he has proven to be unselfish.

• Thanks 1

Really good second half of the half. Wesley’s first touch looks exceptional and he’s really strong. Engels has been immense. Hope we can keep it up but I can’t help but worry that it’s all set up for Kean to come on and score.

That ball from Jota for the goal - gorgeous.

Made possible by the run from Guilbert, which gave him time and space.

If we had the same on the other side with Taylor (who is sitting deep), we'd see more from Trez

• Like 2

I respect Douglas Luiz if only for the moment he was clipped on that run and tried his hardest to stay up and carry on, many would of just gone down for the foul.

• Like 1