Match Thread: Villa v Everton

limpid

Just now, deeps said:

Regardless of this result. I still think we will be ok. Got some good players. 

Agreed, although I think it suits us playing footballing sides. His Brentford style is starting to tell! Rejoice we have a team that plays football again 🙂

They have so many openings down our right. 

Not sure how to deal with it because Fred and Jota both look good going forward.

Maybe switch wingers round if it's too open early on, Fred on yellow with two players to mark very often.

We'll need another to win this.

Just now, MaVilla said:

ye i agree with that, would calm the crowd (and fitire crowds) too, we just need to get off the mark and get the donkey off our back.

I hope the monkey made some room - It's getting crowded there!  :trollface:

• Haha 1

Just now, Jareth said:

To be fair, we haven't played what you could call a sh*t team yet - I'm happy with it all, and patient - but points will breed confidence..

well tbh, i dont think any team in the prem is "sh*t", we will need to actually earn every win.

Nice!

Posted at 12:5312:53

Post update

Aston Villa 1-0 Everton

Jota's performance in that first half for Villa was great to watch.

The Spaniard covered 5.63km - more than any other player - and he has a passing accuracy of 92.3%.

Tidy.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I reckon we have at least two not got into the game yet. if they fire for the second half, we should be better

By the way I cant stand Gary Neville, he still managed to mention Old Trafford 

But also said VP is his fav away ground and has been for ages 😎

Quite a few players on this Villa team, which is just an unbridled pleasure to slowly get to know as footballers.

Also: as soon as we started pouring out some of this team's latent power, Everton showed signs of crumbling. Didn't even take long! We still need to be better at holding possession and not losing the ball unnecessarily.

• Like 1