Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

Someone made the point about Drinkwater having a better understanding of where to be to offer Nakamba a simple pass after winning the ball and I think it's true.  Luiz was nowhere to be seen today.  Nakamba should definitely not be shooting from 25 yards as well.  Yet another frustrating thing that returned to our play today, almost like one step forward, two steps back.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Someone made the point about Drinkwater having a better understanding of where to be to offer Nakamba a simple pass after winning the ball and I think it's true.  Luiz was nowhere to be seen today.  Nakamba should definitely not be shooting from 25 yards as well.  Yet another frustrating thing that returned to our play today, almost like one step forward, two steps back.

And the point was valid , Douglas drifts around the pitch , he has no positional discipline . Drinkwater had his limitations but hes quite reliable in where he plays .

• Like 1

Somehow kept winding up with the ball at the top of their box in the second half, but precisely the one player you don't want there. Maybe desperate to make something happen, but needed to be told to just stay back and sit.

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I thought this during the game. I love Luiz but I think Drinkwater and Nakamba should be starting most games.

1 minute ago, the_eristic said:

Somehow kept winding up with the ball at the top of their box in the second half, but precisely the one player you don't want there. Maybe desperate to make something happen, but needed to be told to just stay back and sit.

Well no-one else was showing. A holding player is allowed to go forward.

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Felt truly sorry for him when he was forced to take that second shot. He knew it'll go to row Z, but he just had to shoot.

Ideal position for Conner those 2 attempts Nakamba had , the space opened twice on edge of box as they sat deeper.We then took him off and dropped JG deeper and those 2 shots from Nakamba ended up being the last 2 efforts we had.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, sidcow said:

He's certainly an enigma wrapped in a conundrum.  Super good or terribly awful.  Suppose he's still young though. 

I like him. He has energy and seems a good tackler but I winch when I see how easily the opposition play around him and he is soooo slow in tracking his man. a la goal yesterday. If he can improve that awareness of threat and respond he will be good for us.

Â