Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

Some thought he'd be the new Kante when we signed him.:lol:

As I've said a few times I think he's got off very lightly on here for majority of his performances compared to the regular abuse coming Luiz way before his recent run of good form.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Some thought he'd be the new Kante when we signed him.:lol:

As I've said a few times I think he's got off very lightly on here for majority of his performances compared to the regular abuse coming Luiz way before his recent run of good form.

Nah, both of them got shit on a lot too. If anything Luiz got more of a reprieve back then because he's 21, Brazilian and Pep likes him.

I still can't comprehend how people were blaming Konsa more than Luiz for that Leicester goal in the cup.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

12 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Nah, both of them got shit on a lot too. If anything Luiz got more of a reprieve back then because he's 21, Brazilian and Pep likes him.

I still can't comprehend how people were blaming Konsa more than Luiz for that Leicester goal in the cup.

I do think there's far more long term potential in Doug, not just based on his last 4 games. He's more likely to do a Gana and play for CL standard club in next 3 years than Nakamba.

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Not sure why he's getting so much shit tbf. 

Think we were expecting a bit more for our £11m paid.  He’s hardly shone in games, he doesn’t score and barely adds steel to protect our defence.  Quite honestly, he’s been another poor signing.  Just not sure what he offers us? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

Never wanted him, soon as he went on strike to force the move to us, summed up what kind of player he is, awful midfielder that can’t even do the simplest of passes right 

I think he went on strike because he felt the coach was playing another midfielder over him for financial gain or something similar. 

All central midfielder seem to get heavily criticized unless they look sensational, if you look at the Luiz thread before lockdown it was full of people asking what it is that he does exactly, suggestions that we should send him on loan to the championship and so on, if he has a bad game or two, suddenly his recent bad form will be put down to the opposition not being as intense without crowds or something like that.

We haven't had any midfielders since the days of Barry and Milner that haven't been criticized a lot. Even McGinn after coming back from long term injury, is being talked by some as not being good enough.

Edited by useless
I don't think the suggestion of sending him on loan to the championship was meant as criticism as such, but the idea that he wasn't good enough was a common theme of the thread back then 👻

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Not sure why he's getting so much shit tbf. 

Because he looks like he's nowhere near good enough and his performances so far have been that of a player that should be playing in a championship team fighting relegation. Whether or not he'll come good is unknown but so far the signs are that he's yet another flop.

7 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Think we were expecting a bit more for our £11m paid.  He’s hardly shone in games, he doesn’t score and barely adds steel to protect our defence.  Quite honestly, he’s been another poor signing.  Just not sure what he offers us? 

People said the same about Veretout and Gana "they don't score or assist". That is such a shit basic argument :D Really winds me up.

I'm not saying Nakamba has the potential of those two, but as said above, I agree that there is a player in there. He manipulates the ball well at times and he can tackle. Has also had a few standout games, Watford at home being one when he bossed it.

Not really aimed at nakamba in particular, but the whole squad is playing with nervousness because of our situation.

What we're seeing isn't a reflection of their ability, it's their ability to handle pressure.

It's even worse now Jack isn't performing to his usual standard. We've lost our talisman.

With moving here 10 months ago, learning a language, new team and teammates, new culture and a **** pandemic, it's not surprising to me that he looks out of his depth tbh.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

11 million isn't really a big transfer fee these days. Nakamba was unlucky today as couple deflections led to Wolves chancesmhe isnt the answer but is a bit of an easy target 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tom13 said:

People said the same about Veretout and Gana "they don't score or assist". That is such a shit basic argument :D Really winds me up.

I'm not saying Nakamba has the potential of those two, but as said above, I agree that there is a player in there. He manipulates the ball well at times and he can tackle. Has also had a few standout games, Watford at home being one when he bossed it.

Shit basic argument?  It’s fact!  What are his major attributes then?  Does he really project the defence well - no not really!  If you honestly think he is worth the £11m paid and he has contributed significantly this season, then you are seeing a very different game than me.  

Â