Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

10 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I do wonder what exactly has been the change if any that has allowed him to perform this good.

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

Different system gives him more options 

Definitely this, and also I think having a run of games is doing him the world of good. Smith just never quite trusted him enough to play him over and over again. 

• Like 2

Just now, villalad21 said:

To be fair on him he was never really given a good run of games under Smith. 

First season he didn’t do a great job, but last season whenever he played he competed for Man of the match. 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

To be fair on him he was never really given a good run of games under Smith. 

To be fair he's been improving year on year under Smiths Reign as well.

I've been pointing it out on several occasions and made the argument for a midfield three of Nakamba, McGinnis and Luiz for quite some time.

So happy to see him succeed!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I do wonder what exactly has been the change if any that has allowed him to perform this good.

In the few matches that he played under Deano this year, I think that his passing had already improved. Maybe he worked on it during the summer.

As for his defending...maybe it's the 3 man midfield and the way we use him in it? I'd have to go back and look how often he played in a 4-3-3 under Deano, but it seems to suit him.

Or maybe SG has just given him some good advice in training.

This guy has been slaughtered since day one because he wasn’t flash, and just got on with it, interesting to see the Kante references tonight, who would have also suffered the same at Villa for the same reasons, sometimes you can have effective players that just get on with it, unfortunately every error is highlighted and the rest is ignored.

Â