Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Party at Douglas Luiz’s tonight!!!

played well excellent tactics but at times some poor decision making cost us more goals.

Dali is a very good player but infuriatingly selfish at times when a 10 yard pass would be enough to open the defence up.

Daly is genuinely elite level. Lehmann I still believe would be better in the middle because of her balance and she can go in either direction and has good passing imo. 

Well played and yes Carla Ward would be a great choice for the men’s team.

Can Aston Villa be pioneers yet again????

57 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah nice to have it at VP, looked at good day out, wouldn't have mind going myself.

Was gonna ask, are all the fixtures at VP instead of Walsall this year? That would be good.

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

Any chance Carla Ward could coach the men's team?

No:)

49 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Well played and yes Carla Ward would be a great choice for the men’s team.

Can Aston Villa be pioneers yet again????

Don't get carried away both;). Terrific win today, most unexpected and on TV too. Leave Carla where she is already doing a great job for the football club, don't even think of poaching her for the lads team, I hear Emma Hayes is a shoe-in for that, in any case! :D (ITK?)

Charlton just beat small heath 3-0 in the championship, relevant to us as two of our players Sian Rogers and Elisha N'Dow are on loan at Charlton, our former player and Villa fan Emma Follis and also plays for them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, useless said:

Will be interesting to see how Liverpool get on this evening, they've been hyped up quite a lot this summer, seen a few tipping them to finish as the 'best of the rest team', or in other words predicting them to finish fifth, but other than the fact they have the name Liverpool I'm not sure why, they signed six players but only four of those are outfield players and one of those a youngster on loan from Chelsea that has no WSL experience.

It's not even as if Liverpool were any more impressive than Leicester the season before in getting promoted, Liverpool came up with fifty-two points from twenty-two games, Leicester were promoted with fifty points from twenty games, and going back the season before that we were promoted with forty points from fourteen games, thirteen wins and one draw, both us and Leicester struggled in our first seasons after promotion as the gap between Championship and WSL is so big.

Today against Chelsea could be a reality check for them.

Typical that I write this and then Liverpool go and win, I watched all but the last ten minutes and Liverpool battled hard but weren't that impressive, but strangely neither were Chelsea, a strange game all three goals came from penalties, didn't see Liverpool's second but their first looked harsh on Chelsea, handball given but not sure there was anything their defender could have done about it, ball hit against her arm from close distance.

I still think Liverpool will struggle, or at least won't be anywhere near as good as some have predicted, but at the same time feel as though they should avoid going straight back down as likes of Reading, and Leicester look like they could really struggle.

Edited by useless

Â