Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Playing Man Utd today in the Conti Cup, Hampton rested, Hanson can't play as she's on loan from them, we've started the season well, and overall I think we will improve on last season, but today could be a bit of a reality check, we're still a developing team, so over the season we're going to have our share of defeats and will probably go on bad runs of form from time to time.

Didn't watch the game so don't know the full story but we hit the post twice and had one cleared off the line towards the end. I think we've got a pretty serious side here, could be a fun season.

• Like 2

Good result for us, draw in normal time against Man Utd was good going and by the sound of things we gave them a really good game, we get two points for winning the penalty shoot-out, gives us an outside chance of qualifying, in fact if we can beat Everton, Sheffield United and Durham I think that would gaurantee it.

• Like 1

If we can keep Daly, Dali and Hanson fit for most or all of the season, we could do really well.  The improvement in quality offensively now is there for all to see.

From the two league games I’ve seen, we are a really enjoyable watch.  Confidence is clearly building with them as well now. We seem to have some real belief this season.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Farlz said:

Didn't watch the game so don't know the full story but we hit the post twice and had one cleared off the line towards the end. I think we've got a pretty serious side here, could be a fun season.

Could be the best senior Villa team this season by the sounds of it

• Like 1

Mary McAteer eighteen year old academy player of ours scored once, possibley twice (depending on the source), and was named man of the match on her debut for Coventry United in the Championship last week and was also named Championship player of the week, and today she assisted both their goals in their 2-0 win over Southampton, their first win of the season.

She's on a dual contract with Coventry for the season, which is like a loan, but she's still available for selection for us should we require her, and is still training with us.

Olivia Rabjohn, Evie Rabjohn's older sister is also on a dual contract with Coventry for the season and played today.

Edited by useless

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Just a note, apologies if it's already been mentioned - but in a letter supporting the North Stand planning application, the club have committed to playing 3-4 women's games each season at Villa Park starting from 2023/24.

I thought they already played that many at Villa Park.

I have been impressed by how easy it is to access every womans game in the WSL. Wish it was like that for the men's football and you didn't have to sign up to 7 different providers a month to have access to all the games. 

• Like 1

Evie Rabjohn currently making her England U19 debut in the Euro Qualifiers against Slovenia, Olivia McLoughlin also playing.

Our official Women's twitter initially said Freya Gregory was also playing but I think they saw Freya Godfrey and got mixed up, looks like they realized their mistake now and deleted the tweet, Gregory is with the U23s as is Blindkilde.

Edit: McLoughlin has just scored for the U19s to make it 3-0, only thirty minutes gone so I'm guessing Solvenia might not be that good presently.

On 04/10/2022 at 00:53, Talldarkandransome said:

I thought they already played that many at Villa Park.

Well yeah, they played Man City and will be playing Reading at VP by end of November, should be at least a couple more by the end of the season anyway. Would be nice if they played more there or somewhere nearer VP eg Alexander Stadium. 

• Like 1

Â