Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Offers pretty much nothing. Nakamba seems better at the moment, at least he defends well. Luiz neither defends well nor is of any use controlling the play or making something happen in the attack. 

• Haha 1

Every outfield player apart from Kons and possibly Targett was poor last night. Luiz at least was a bit better than his colleagues in midfield McGinn and Ramsey.

24 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Offers pretty much nothing. Nakamba seems better at the moment, at least he defends well. Luiz neither defends well nor is of any use controlling the play or making something happen in the attack. 

Can’t take you seriously...probably a big Trez fan as well I’m guessing 

Luiz was the best midfielder, as he usually is.

I'll repeat what I've said before, I have no idea what our best CM combo is but I know Luiz is part of it, so figure out the other 2. I think the other one will be Sanson sitting next to him and then we really need a creative CM.

Thought he was OK. Won a fair few duels but was pretty bad on the ball. Think his form has been bad for a while now. Rave reviews back end of last season and seen as indispensable by many of us. Not so much at the moment, he’s young but its never a good sign to start regressing. Maybe his future is on his mind and there’s an element of taking his eye off the ball atm. Hopefully this is a blip.

15 hours ago, TRO said:

In the man of the match awards on VT he has accumulated 141 votes in 26 games....lies 13th in a league table and has not been nominated as MOTM once, all season.

Quote:

Luiz shockingly gave the ball away 15 times against Wolves last Friday, with seven of those losses in his own half – his worst statistical showing of the 2020-21 campaign. (Wyscout).....That is a latest quote from the Wolves game

does that surprise you?

Tbf, I'd say that Doug has as many man of the match awards, VT or official, as every other DM in the league. It's not a position that receives many man of the match awards.

9 hours ago, PaulC said:

It seems we all see the game differently. Thought he was the best of our midfield. He did his job no more no less. Problem we also had last night the front three were dire. 

He was a bit better last night, but he was still involved in their best moments....he was beaten in the air, which is understandable against a huge lascelles and he failed to close down Murphy when he hit the bar.

He is lightweight.

• Like 1

He had a good game last night, sometimes I feel if you're looking for negatives then you will find them. I feel as though if we'd have won, but the players had have played exactly the same, then some of them that are getting critized now would instead be getting praised, despite playing the same game,Luiz in particular, althought no way of proving that of course.

Also I think it's harder to judge how a player has played when you're watching a match with certain degree of nervousness to how the result might go, which is probably why if you look on match threads there's usually a lot of over the top moaning, because peoples are invested in more than just analysing the performances but also he emotional side of things as well. Obviously you can tell if someone has been really bad or really good, but I've had it myself where I've watched a game live, been of the opinion that a player has had a poor game, but then watched a replay of the game and knowing what's going to happen so no nerves about whether we're going to win or not and can just watch game totally from a purely analytical point of view, and suddenly I realise that the player that I thought wasn't very good, didn't have a bad game after all.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Luiz was the best midfielder, as he usually is.

I'll repeat what I've said before, I have no idea what our best CM combo is but I know Luiz is part of it, so figure out the other 2. I think the other one will be Sanson sitting next to him and then we really need a creative CM.

We have the best one in the world in grealish. Playing him as a winger hurts our play in my opinion. We need a world class winger. 

58 minutes ago, TRO said:

He was a bit better last night, but he was still involved in their best moments....he was beaten in the air, which is understandable against a huge lascelles and he failed to close down Murphy when he hit the bar.

He is lightweight.

True and we have a few too many lightweights. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TRO said:

He is lightweight.

Konso got turned too. Don’t see you criticising him.

He did his role more than well enough yesterday and was one of our best players. I’ve got a lot of respect for you TRO but the fact you still only found a  fault and completely ignored all the good work he did yesterday means it’s pointless debating him further with you.   Your mind is clearly made up. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Konso got turned too. Don’t see you criticising him.

He did he’s role more than well enough yesterday and was one of our best players. I’ve got a lot of respect for you TRO but the fact you still only found a  fault and completely ignored all the good work he did yesterday means it’s pointless debating him further with you.   Your mind is clearly made up. 

I thought he had one of his better games, from the ones of late....just merely pin pointing his involvement in their two best moments.

I can't help it if I touch a nerve.

To make you feel better, I thought another Brazillian No6 Allan had a poor game for Everton against Burnley too.

If there is a fault, should I just ignore it?.....One lead to a goal and one a near miss.....sure its a team game and McGinn should have closed Jacob Murphy down....but Luiz was the last man, on Lascelles and Murphies near miss.

All the good work, is debatable....but Like I say, other than those crucial bits, he was a tad better.IMO

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I thought he had one of his better games, from the ones of late....just merely pin pointing his involvement in their two best moments.

To make you feel better, I thought another Brazillian No6 Allan had a poor game for Everton against Burnley too.

If there is a fault, should I just ignore it?.....One lead to a goal and one a near miss.....sure its a team game and McGinn should have closed Jacob Murphy down....but Luiz was the last man, on Lascelles and Murphies near miss.

All the good work, is debatable....but Like I say, other than those crucial bits, he was a tad better.IMO

I just think you’re mind is made up about him no matter how he places. We’ll discuss his replacement next season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just think you’re mind is made up about him no matter how he places. We’ll discuss his replacement next season. 

My mind is dictated to by his play.....I have nothing personal against him.....This season, I have not been a fan of his work, simple as that.

I wasn't a fan of many players work, yesterday....I thought Mings was poor, as was Watkins, but we was talking about Luiz.

I don't buy in to this theory of being "available" or "running the channels" as some folk value for a forward......its simply not enough. for players to catch my eye, I want to see substance, I want to see Effect, I want to see them give opponents a hard time.....passive play is not for me....just being the man, thats always there is tosh to me.....I want to see drive, courage & determination to make something happen, little triangles in your own half, is pants.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TRO said:

I've never really seen Allan as a 6 either.

He is more of a box to box to me.

Â