Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No because he tries passes other players don’t. We did the motm debate to death. With respect I’m not going through that again :)

spoil sport.lol

VLV There is more to a CDM role than just passing the ball to someone alongside you...and getting stats.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I'd argue we've been giving the ball away too cheaply for too long. Going back to before the MON days. That's the next progression for me. Keeping the ball better against the possession based teams.

This, corners, throw ins,  and a couple of other things have bizarrely been terrible characteristics of ours for as long as I can remember.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

spoil sport.lol

VLV There is more to a CDM role than just passing the ball to someone alongside you...and getting stats.

Tro I said he hasn’t been that bad. Not that he’s been great. He can be much better but I really don’t understand the stick he gets. 

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I am surprised by that as i thought he played well first but then you consider the lack of options to pass to, as no Grealish, no cash and Traore invisible maybe I shouldn't be. 

but what about winning the darn thing?...... we keep talking about passing, which is easy to disguise in stats if you pass 3 or 4 yards in your own half......what about going after an opponent and robbing them of the ball, or what about reading the game and intercepting passes?.....what about driving forward through midfield with the ball and laying it off.?

He plays for Brazil, we should be seeing this....those stats verify, that when it comes to voting, many posters don't consider him MOTM material, despite, the diversity of opinions on here....and he has been ever present most of the season.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

but what about winning the darn thing?...... we keep talking about passing, which is easy to disguise in stats if you pass 3 or 4 yards in your own half......what about going after an opponent and robbing them of the ball, or what about reading the game and intercepting passes?.....what about driving forward through midfield with the ball and laying it off.?

I watched him closely first half and thought he did that quite well but there was a huge drop off from him second half. 

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I watched him closely first half and thought he did that quite well but there was a huge drop off from him second half. 

so,how do you equate to him giving the ball away 15 times against Wolves, 7 in is own half.....thats not good stats  mate

Paul, lets pay particular attention to him tonight and we will discuss, after the game.....I do value other opinions.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Paul, lets pay particular attention to him tonight and we will discuss, after the game.....I do value other opinions.

Ok if my internet is quick enough to watch it. Have to rely on 4g 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Tro I said he hasn’t been that bad. Not that he’s been great. He can be much better but I really don’t understand the stick he gets. 

I am not giving him stick, I'm just pin pointing a weakness, that i think some folk think we haven't got....those latest stats from Wyscout are poor.....but I don't need them to tell me, I see him.

watch him carefully tonight and we will discuss after the match.

I get no joy, from a player struggling.....I want him to do well....if he has a blinder tonight, I swear, we will win ( the role is that crucial)and I will be delighted.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Douglas Luiz with another "block, tackle interception".  Excellent first half from him.

Thought he was the best of the midfield but no too much much in the game to be excited about. 

This idea that Luiz is just a deep lying playmaker and not a DM is a myth, when he first joined the defensive side of his game was lacking, but since he came back from injury last season that side of his game has improved massively, to the point where it's a big assest, and has probably played a huge part in us improving defensively as a team since then.

41 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Just sits in front of the back four. I assume that's was he's told to do but we need more from him than that. 

No chance city buy him back on his recent form. 

I was gonna say same thing which is good news for us. As i think he will be a excellent player for us in the  next few years

Â