Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Fast becoming an icon of Aston Villa, his consistency is becoming a major strength and he’s showing nerves of steel with the penalties, I think he’s starting to see himself as the leader and is revelling in it.

I don’t expect we’ll keep getting penalties at the rate we have been thus far but across the season he could easily end up with double figures on goals and assists this season, which - and sorry to put a dampener on it - will make him really hot property next summer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Fast becoming an icon of Aston Villa, his consistency is becoming a major strength and he’s showing nerves of steel with the penalties, I think he’s starting to see himself as the leader and is revelling in it.

I don’t expect we’ll keep getting penalties at the rate we have been thus far but across the season he could easily end up with double figures on goals and assists this season, which - and sorry to put a dampener on it - will make him really hot property next summer.

I think we'll be in the Europa League next season one way or the other, so don't think people trying to snaffle him will a big problem. If he didn't leave when we were dire under Gerrard, I don't think he will now.

15 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

So good again today. I always wanted a proper Brazilian at Villa that we could call our own, since I was a kid and was denied Juninho.

Douglas Luiz is that man now. Nearly played 150 league games for us! 

Yep. Can't wait till he hits 200 and beyond 🤞

3 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

At a point in the 1st half the entire Chelsea midfield took turns fouling him and couldn't get a whif of the ball. They all eventually threw their hands up and just let him keep it. Absolutely amazing footballer.  

Ahah yeah, 3 of them tried to foul him, kicked, shirt pulled, I was fuming at the ref and then thought '**** me that's amazing'

• Like 1

Â