Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

We could probably have signed Snodgrass for 8m last summer.

I know people were turning their noses up at him and I can understand that given his age and he might not have been as good as his loan spell but he's still a solid player for West Ham.

Someone you'd know would put the graft in and help out Targett or whoever was at LB for us and could chip in with goals and assists as he's done for West Ham over last two seasons.

5 league goals for West Ham so more than Trez has got.

I would've had Snoddy in a heartbeat, proved in his time here that he is willing to put in a shift! Plus he has more talent in his big right toe than Trez has in his entire body....

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I would've had Snoddy in a heartbeat, proved in his time here that he is willing to put in a shift! Plus he has more talent in his big right toe than Trez has in his entire body....

In all honesty I was never sold on Snoddy. Yes 100% committed but wasn't convinced by his ability and definitely not his age. 

But yes he would be a 1000% improvement on what we've ended up with. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

In all honesty I was never sold on Snoddy. Yes 100% committed but wasn't convinced by his ability and definitely not his age. 

But yes he would be a 1000% improvement on what we've ended up with. 

Yeah I didn't mean that RS should've been a target of ours, but like for like for the amount spent..... Nearly 9 mill for Trez, just get sick of my club having their pants pulled down

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think you’re being very harsh towards him. For some reason, he is a target of abuse for fans, I don’t know why this is, can’t we just pull together as fans and get behind the squad as a whole?

consent GIF

• Like 2

On 25/06/2020 at 10:17, Stevo985 said:

That’s the second time on here that you’ve accused me of not liking this player because he isn’t English. 

It’s absolute total bollocks and I’d appreciate you taking back your accusations of casual racism.

He is shit. It has nothing to do with his nationality. Some of my favourite Villa players of all time are Irish, Australian, Colombian, Trinidadian etc. 
I like Elmohamady who is the same nationality as Trezeguet. 

My problem with Trezeguet isn’t his nationality. It’s his complete lack of top level footballing ability. He’s shit

I knew you were a racist!! 😂 

edit. On a serious note I’ve tried to give him the benefit of the doubt after his goals against big teams. But let’s face it. He is way out of his debt in this league! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yeah I didn't mean that RS should've been a target of ours, but like for like for the amount spent..... Nearly 9 mill for Trez, just get sick of my club having their pants pulled down

To be fair, 9m is nothing in today's market. That's a midtable Championship winger price and that's probably his level too.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

To be fair, 9m is nothing in today's market. That's a midtable Championship winger price and that's probably his level too.

I actually think he’d do alright in the championship. If Adomah can thrive in that league I’m sure Trez can.

edit: which midtable championship team has ever paid 9 million on a winger?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

44 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I actually think he’d do alright in the championship. If Adomah can thrive in that league I’m sure Trez can.

edit: which midtable championship team has never paid 9 million on a winger?

Well they don't, but that's how much you'd pay for a well-performing winger from a midtable Championship club. The better ones like Bowen go for slightly more than that.

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Well they don't, but that's how much you'd pay for a well-performing winger from a midtable Championship club. The better ones like Bowen go for slightly more than that.

Ah I get ya. Bowen’s a good player. Crazy money but I think the age paid a big part in that. He looks one of their best players. 

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Maybe, but as I said in an earlier post, if we didn't buy 3 of these type of players we could've bought 1 player that might've actually made a difference to this squad.

I know we had to get bodies in because of our depleted squad but I see this year's recruitment as a failure. Didn't we at some point basically say we were not going to loan any players because we don't roll like that. Well that idea looks pretty silly now.

Should've loaned in a couple of players and bought someone of better quality.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

8 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Maybe, but as I said in an earlier post, if we didn't buy 3 of these type of players we could've bought 1 player that might've actually made a difference to this squad.

I know we had to get bodies in because of our depleted squad but I see this year's recruitment as a failure. Didn't we at some point basically say we were not going to loan any players because we don't roll like that. Well that idea looks pretty silly now.

Should've loaned in a couple of players and bought someone of better quality.

In hindsight, some free transfers like Cahil, a couple of loan signings and keeping some of the players we released would have been better. 

Spending £120 million on 4 or 5 players would have added real quality. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

In hindsight, some free transfers like Cahil, a couple of loan signings and keeping some of the players we released would have been better. 

Spending £120 million on 4 or 5 players would have added real quality. 

Exactly this! I've had my opinions on DS and some of them maybe harsh, however how is giving him Jota, Trez and AEG as wingers supporting him?

Cahill comes in as experience and a leader something we have clearly lacked all season.

I thought Engels was ok at the start but something is amiss there, Konsa is maybe for the future but we couldn't afford to buy for the future we needed to buy, loan in or whatever for this season.

We were ridiculously stubborn on loans and I hope if we go down our ideals and those who made them are heavily scrutinised.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

The thing is, even with all the bodies we got in, we still suffered an injury crisis. If we got in 3 or 4 quality players instead, we would have always been 1 or 2 injuries away from having to start Vassilev or RHM every week. It's a similar conundrum to what Lambert faced in his time here. I think the route taken by him and our current team was the right one though. Because luckily for us, we have ambitious management who will look to kick on if we stay up whereas Lerner was perfectly fine with the status quo.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

His nickname derives from the former French footballer David Trezeguet after his former youth coach noticed similarities between the pair in playing style and appearance.
😂😂

Reminds me more of Milan Baros

He’s the Egyptian Tonev.

His level is mid table league 1

• Like 1

Â