Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Not sure what the Turkish league has to do with it? 

He was a competent player in the Turkish league.

Not seen too much of that league but it surely has got to be on level with the Championship? At least the top teams. Trezeguet is in the national team and got tons of followers so he surely got to have something about him we've not seen.

Edited by villalad21

15 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

From what I've seen of league 1 and trez as a player, id say it's a decent match. Not sure what the Turkish league has to do with it? 

I dont think Trez or Ghazi should even first team as Wingers in the championship, subs yes but we should look still at buying better and let's face it I think League 2 has better than what we have up front. 

Ridiculous how crap we are at crosses which is down to our Wingers mostly, finding gaps, accuracy and then to top it off anyone who goes up front cant hit a header on goal.

It's like we have Sh!t for brains and for talent up front. I would very much like to meet the people who signed off on our Wingers and strikers because I've had it with them, they let the rest of our team down.

Forget Smith out, get everyone out that's been involved in this crap developing for a whole season it's about time those accountable were held responsible.

We deserve to go down if we cant put the ball in the back of the net against a sluggish liverpool side that eventually took there chances and made them count, it's a game we could of won if we had of had our frontline firing home.

Edited by Dave-R

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Not seen too much of that league but it surely has got to be on level with the Championship? At least the top teams. Trezeguet is in the national team and got tons of followers so he surely got to have something about him we've not seen.

Means nothing. I have seen him play this season, I have seen a fairly large number of league 1 games. It's a pretty good match.

I don't need the Turkish league or how may followers he has to tell me how good he is.

• Like 2

kinda disgraceful that we are a premier league team, that often play with wingers, and we only have two players in the squad who are wingers. he and el ghazi essentially get into the team by default if that is the system we want to play

5 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Signed purely for the fact he's egyptian and has 4 million followers. 

I'd say he was signed based on the all important stats. His stats for expected goals, successful dribbles, expected chances created etc. were probably very good in the Turkish league. As the scout that's on here (Villan4Life) posted, if anyone actually bothered to watch him play they would have seen that he wasn't good enough. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I dont think Trez or Ghazi should even first team as Wingers in the championship, subs yes but we should look still at buying better and let's face it I think League 2 has better than what we have up front. 

Ridiculous how crap we are at crosses which is down to our Wingers mostly, finding gaps, accuracy and then to top it off anyone who goes up front cant hit a header on goal.

It's like we have Sh!t for brains and for talent up front. I would very much like to meet the people who signed off on our Wingers and strikers because I've had it with them, they let the rest of our team down.

Forget Smith out, get everyone out that's been involved in this crap developing for a whole season it's about time those accountable were held responsible.

We deserve to go down if we cant put the ball in the back of the net against a sluggish liverpool side that eventually took there chances and made them count, it's a game we could of won if we had of had our frontline firing home.

Before the re-start i was of the opinion the El Ghazi and Trez, whilst quite plainly not good enough for the Premier League would serve us well in the Championship presuming that's where we are next season. The games since the re-start have made me agree with you, just get rid at the end of the season wherever we are. They try hard and you've got to respect them for that but they are seriously lacking in quality. In fact, we've been playing with wingers for getting on for 4 years and we've had one good one in that time, Snodgrass. Either buy good ones, or play a different way as i'm fed up with seeing us with essentially 2 wasted shirts every week.

The strikers are hampered by this but i do tend to agree that the ones we have are all unlikely to have much impact at PL level either way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I disagree with some posters in that Trez has shown flashes of quality in the season, but to be honest is too lightweight and wishy-washy for the premier league, at least at this stage of his career. 

You get the impression that he was bought along with Samatta mostly on the grounds that they have a massive social media following.

One thing I'll say about Trez is he's very good at controlling a ball that's coming from a distance over his shoulder. The touch he had to set up Luiz effort yesterday was very good. As anyone knows who plays the game that is not an easy skill at all. Seen him do it before for us and in his YT reels so clearly not a fluke. 

He's pants at everything else mind. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ChinlessWonder said:

Before the re-start i was of the opinion the El Ghazi and Trez, whilst quite plainly not good enough for the Premier League would serve us well in the Championship presuming that's where we are next season. The games since the re-start have made me agree with you, just get rid at the end of the season wherever we are. They try hard and you've got to respect them for that but they are seriously lacking in quality. In fact, we've been playing with wingers for getting on for 4 years and we've had one good one in that time, Snodgrass. Either buy good ones, or play a different way as i'm fed up with seeing us with essentially 2 wasted shirts every week.

The strikers are hampered by this but i do tend to agree that the ones we have are all unlikely to have much impact at PL level either way.

I feel this way about a few of them tbh. Just get them out the door. They are losers.

Conor didnt even get off the bench yesterday which says it all I think Dean has lost faith in them too. Get rid of him aswell. Sick of the sight of them now.

• Like 1

On 28/06/2020 at 00:05, Stevo985 said:

From what I've seen he's not.

Said it before but there are a dozen wingers in the championship we could have picked up for the same price or less than trez and they'd all be better

It's important to note if we had signed a championship winger who turned out to be a dud we'd all be calling for that 'Trez' guy who looked to have a bit of flair.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AV82 said:

It's important to note if we had signed a championship winger who turned out to be a dud we'd all be calling for that 'Trez' guy who looked to have a bit of flair.

We’d be wrong

I dont know much about Turkish league but it must be level with Scotland if not worse if Trez is averaging double figures over the course of 2 seasons.

I am not sure he is even better than Scott Sinclair who bagged 20 in SPL. Would Sinclair bag 20 in Turkey 2 years ago? I think he just might judging by old double chin.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

According to transfermarkt, the Turkish league has half the value of the Championship. So if we assume value as a proxy for quality, about half the standard.

If I have to take a guess, if we're aiming for automatic promotion I don't think he's good enough. He'll probably do okay at some midtable championship club though.

I still think we should stop calling him Trezeguet for a start. Smith should have him down the club shop peeling his name off the back of his jersey and printing Hassan

He has to earn the name

• Like 1

Â