Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

He's surely worth more than that. We'd get more from a Championship team.  Is this the player dictating where he goes? 

If a Championship team came in for him and offered more, then I'm sure that we would be all over that deal, perhaps Trabzonspor are the only club that have come in for him? 3m, is better than subsidising his wages for a year and getting nothing for him at the end of next season, which might be what Championship clubs would be looking to do. I agree he is worth more than that, but if it's all we can get, then I think we best take what we can. 

So that's about £3m.  Disappointing but probably still shows just about a FFP positive and get his wages off the books.  I assume we got some kind of loan fee last year so maybe we've cleared £3.5 or so with that added.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What’s the average drop in transfer fee if a player in the final year of their contract? I think that’s the reason for the low fee. A move away suits everybody. 

my estimate is 50% reduction compared to 3 year left on contract.   

But as with all sales it depends on who holds the balance of power, whether the buyer wants him more than the seller club wants to sell or vice versa.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

my estimate is 50% reduction compared to 3 year left on contract.   

But as with all sales it depends on who holds the balance of power, whether the buyer wants him more than the seller club wants to sell or vice versa.

I’d say his fee is about right then. Probably around 1.5 million off the wage bill too.

18 minutes ago, John said:

If a Championship team came in for him and offered more, then I'm sure that we would be all over that deal, perhaps Trabzonspor are the only club that have come in for him? 3m, is better than subsidising his wages for a year and getting nothing for him at the end of next season, which might be what Championship clubs would be looking to do. I agree he is worth more than that, but if it's all we can get, then I think we best take what we can. 

He probably didn't want to go to the Championship as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

He's got 1 year left on his deal. He's just recovered from massive knee trauma. He's only proved he can play a bit in the Turkish league.

Sorry but I don't know what you want? 4m is 4m we didn't have before. He's not going to get game time here. There aren't a host of clubs after him. Sell him and move on.

He did well in Turkey. He popped up with crucial goals in big games for us..just because the new manager doesn't want him doesn't mean we should give him away for nothing. I would say £6m is an acceptable fee for him. Seemingly some would give him away for 20p and a.bag of haribo.

His goals against Leicester and Arsenal were pure technique. There's a good player in there somewhere - I don't know if it was a confidence thing or what. Wasn't a fan of his diving either, but knew how to put a shift in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rustibrooks said:

Other than that diving incident, I have nothing but good things to say about him. Ok he weren't the best technically, but he has something that you can't really teach which is effort. He worked his pants off when we needed him to and he was very much part of the reason we are able to sign players like Kamara, Digne and Coutinho, instead of shopping for the Championship.

All the best to Trez

His heart was in the right place with the dive!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Such a huge goal for us at the time - got us out of the relegation zone.

Arsenal instructions that game... don't bother marking trez, he's rubbish.  Stick two extra men on Jack for every villa set piece. 

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Such a huge goal for us at the time - got us out of the relegation zone.

That finish was class. Also how lucky was that header coming back off the post! 

Saw some classic Jack too as well as some great finishing from Davis 😂 

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That finish was class. Also how lucky was that header coming back off the post! 

Saw some classic Jack too as well as some great finishing from Davis 😂 

Having watched it for the first time in ages today still unsure how Davis missed it! 

Â