Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Do Turkish teams have any money? 

I'd like to think he'd get us £10m or so...but I don't know if non-elite teams have that sort of money outside of England.

11 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

There isn't much money in Turkey. The Lira has been on its arse for the last year or so. There was even a team rom Munich in the 3rd division in Germany that went bust because their Turkish sugar daddy had no more money to bankroll them.

I'd imagine the club sent Trez over there so that his value wouldn't drop too much with a view to some other club in Europe splashing the money that we did based on his performances in Turkey.

• 2 weeks later...

11 games, 6 goals, 4 assists for Basaksehir, not bad at all, seems to be his level!

Any ideas whether he will go permanently to Turkey in the summer?, not heard any news about possible suitors etc.

Do we reckon Trez would tear it up for a top Championship side or newly promoted side?

I reckon he is a dream for a manager who requires more energy and output, than consistent quality.

He's effective.ij a bizarre way at just being an incessant pest with an eye for goal. Lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

24 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Clearly your eyes aren't working in that test then. 

He's miles away from being one of the worst players to play in our shirt. 

Or, maybe, just maybe, we have different opinions and my eyes work just fine. 

Its possible.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

People do forget very quickly...

Trezeguet (and Luiz) were class after Project Restart and helped us stay up.

We would have been down without crucial games and goals from Trezeguet.

Yes he's hot and cold but I'm thankful for his performances during that time in particular. I hope he has a successful career somewhere else, preferably not another English team.

In the 7-2 against Liverpool, his work rate was a big reason we had so much joy as he was doing the work of 2 players. Proper unsung hero in that game. He isn’t a bad player even at prem level would do well in most European leagues

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Do we reckon Trez would tear it up for a top Championship side or newly promoted side?

I reckon he is a dream for a manager who requires more energy and output, than consistent quality.

He's effective.ij a bizarre way at just being an incessant pest with an eye for goal. Lol

Newly promoted side? No chance. He's played in one for us already. He's so far below PL standard.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Yes he's hot and cold but I'm thankful for his performances during that time in particular. I hope he has a successful career somewhere else, preferably not another English team.

He scored a crucial goal or two but class? Never has been. Luiz yes, Trezeguet no.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Clearly your eyes aren't working in that test then. 

He's miles away from being one of the worst players to play in our shirt. 

In terms of footballing intelligence he's really not far off.

On 02/05/2022 at 07:01, May-Z said:

Do Turkish teams have any money? 

I always thought they had loads which is why most Turkish players stay there - Soyuncu has a really interesting story in opting not to which there was a big feature on a while back in the Athletic or Guardian or somewhere. But sounds from a couple of replies like that might have changed in the last year or two.

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I have to agree with this he can be really frustrating and a headless chicken but his goals kept us up got us to a cup final and you could never knock his workrate.  For that period of our history he should be fondly remembered.

He does that thing that seems to elude so many players, and I don't understand why. 

He is a far post poacher, ghosts in late on the far post waiting for the ball to get through the middling crowd. 

It happens so often I'm amazed more players don't do it but Trez is the master of it and this is why he gets goals. 

Edited by sidcow

Him and AEG are both goal scorers and would benefit many championship teams and a few premier league teams without a doubt. Even as transition players for a newly promoted team they would be good value. wouldnt rule him out ending up somewhere in England again tbh.

6 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Or, maybe, just maybe, we have different opinions and my eyes work just fine. 

Its possible.

Yes, I understand the concept of opinions. 

On this occasion stating that Trezeguet (the very same who is responsible for our club being in this league) is on a par with such titans as Jordan Bowery, Habib Beye, and "big" Bosko Balaban gives me the right to say you are quite definitely wide of the mark.

Quite a divisive player.Seems to divide opinion a lot.

What I remember about him is his incredible work rate and great defensive covering.Some of our greatest performances last season Liverpool7-2 and Arsenal away 0-3 were with him in the team.

Yes he could display some atrocious close control and decision making.

But without his goals we would probably have been relegated.

Â