Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

Too at fault for the first goal and VAR insisted he played their striker on for the second. Not good enough. We can't expect him to be a right back still.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Too at fault for the first goal and VAR insisted he played their striker on for the second. Not good enough. We can't expect him to be a right back still.

He was at cb for the second. Like with McGinn, Luiz and Watkins he's played far far too many minutes and is dead on his feet. His passing is sloppuer than it was, he's being beaten more easily too. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Love Konsa but he’s struggled a bit this past few weeks. Tiredness I guess.

Cracking player 

As good as he is, he still makes mistakes, cost us some goals tonight. Where's the criticism?

I’m not actually sure what he offers us. For me he is one player we must improve on. Hes abysmal at right back. Either play him cb or not at all. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

As good as he is, he still makes mistakes, cost us some goals tonight. Where's the criticism?

Stop following me!

Konsa is a terrific player and had a great season. He has credit in the bank to make mistakes and not be too harshly criticised for them.

I promise I’ll get right stuck into him if they continue though. Cool?

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Most overrated player on VT. But we're fans, so that's ok.

Hopefully Mings comes back as good as he was.

Can’t agree with this at all.

He’s not a RB, it’s that simple. He’s been mostly excellent this season at CB. 

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He's not at fault for absolutely **** no-one turning up at the far post, Digne can see what's happening and stays 20 yards away, one of the three players in the 6 yard box should react and get in the way and mark their player.

Just now, romavillan said:

He's not at fault for absolutely **** no-one turning up at the far post, Digne can see what's happening and stays 20 yards away, one of the three players in the 6 yard box should react and get in the way and mark their player.

He doesn't close the initial ball over the top, gets himself in a pickle and shouldn't allow the cross. Digne's at LWB, the goal of marking falls on the CBs there. He's too advanced to get back anyways. There's a lot of errors individually across the park, including Cash giving the ball away in the build up creating the space for the ball over the top to begin with. On a different day, Pau blocks the cross.

3 minutes ago, grobs said:

I’m not actually sure what he offers us. For me he is one player we must improve on. Hes abysmal at right back. Either play him cb or not at all. 

For me he's our best defender, in terms of defending he's easily our best. He's also calm and has a pass completion which is absurd for a central defender which is key to how Emery wants us to play football. Not sure what you are watching if you think Konsa offers nothing.

• Like 1

For me he's our best defender, in terms of defending he's easily our best. He's also calm and has a pass completion which is absurd for a central defender which is key to how Emery wants us to play football. Not sure what you are watching if you think Konsa offers nothing.

I don’t think we have a best defender honestly. They’ve all been shocking for weeks. If he was as good as you say he is he would be starting in his favourable position 

I agree - but he's wasted at right back.

We left ourselves criminally short at RB this season and so we're now playing our best all round CB out of position. Roll on next season.

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Can’t agree with this at all.

He’s not a RB, it’s that simple. He’s been mostly excellent this season at CB. 

Not many will agree. If they did, he wouldn't be most overrated.

6 minutes ago, grobs said:

He's a great, effective ball carrying centre back and very reliable in one-v-one scenarios. The systems, however, meant he's either playing a hybrid role and too exposed at right back. I think with with better options at full back, we see him at his preferred position.

2 minutes ago, grobs said:

I don’t think we have a best defender honestly. They’ve all been shocking for weeks. If he was as good as you say he is he would be starting in his favourable position 

Since Kamara did his ACL maybe? He only gets put at RB out of the lack of options there, look at his stats he's a **** monster. No question, he's an incredibly good defender.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He doesn't close the initial ball over the top, gets himself in a pickle and shouldn't allow the cross. Digne's at LWB, the goal of marking falls on the CBs there. He's too advanced to get back anyways. There's a lot of errors individually across the park, including Cash giving the ball away in the build up creating the space for the ball over the top to begin with. On a different day, Pau blocks the cross.

He never does. That's why he himself doesn't look bad. He just gives so much room to the attacker to exploit which makes our other players look bad. Then he flaps his hands to no end when we're scored on again.

Â