Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

Last year, he was excellent and should have been around the Euros squad. No doubt. 

This year, he's turned into an egotistical arm flapper who causes most of the problems himself. 

He also needs to be braver passing through the lines with the ball. Chambers does this in a much better way. 

I think he's played himself out of the starting position over the past few games.

• Like 1

Shocking today.

He was given the job of marking Kane. He ended up being culpable for every goal.

His heading, in particular, was extremely poor. From the first assist where he cushioned his header back into the middle of the field and to Kane's feet, to the 2 weak attempts that allowed Kane to flick on and to the 4th, where he dropped off Son in the box.

I've seen pub footballers defend with more intelligence.

Very similar to Targett, has gone from one of our most consistent performers to pathetic, needs to decide if he wants to play at this level, he has all the attributes but just doesn't look interested anymore

8 hours ago, AV82 said:

I wouldn’t mind so much if Konsa didn’t come across as a complete and utter bellend, complaining and moaning to everyone else. 

He always does this big act after conceding of punching his fist and shouting at people to be more aggressive I presume. Mate. You're the biggest fanny on the team. We can all see what you're doing.

I'm waiting one day for Mings to chokeslam him. 

• Haha 1

Seemingly another culprit of the “I can’t play as well in front of a full stadium” virus - either that or Smith was just good at getting the best out of him.

For me, Konsa + Targett looked so much better with no fans watching them, the minute we were back in packed stadiums both of them fell off. I like Konsa a lot but Chambers easily should be starting over him after that performance which was arguably his worst of the season so far. Absolutely bullied.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Seemingly another culprit of the “I can’t play as well in front of a full stadium” virus - either that or Smith was just good at getting the best out of him.

For me, Konsa + Targett looked so much better with no fans watching them, the minute we were back in packed stadiums both of them fell off. I like Konsa a lot but Chambers easily should be starting over him after that performance which was arguably his worst of the season so far. Absolutely bullied.

Yeah but targett seems to be palying ok with full crowds at Newcastle.  Konsa has just been garbage. Falls apart at VP. Absolute dog shit from him yesterday and after giving it all the big talk midweek on the OS and performs like a coward. Get rid

5 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Interesting how Konsa has been getting a lot of the flack by villa supporters but opposing supporters seem to have focused their ire on Mings.

I think both were bad to be clear.

Opposing supporters don’t watch Villa that often, they base their opinions on 30 second compilations on youtube. Everyone ”knows” Mings is a joke.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Opposing supporters don’t watch Villa that often, they base their opinions on 30 second compilations on youtube. Everyone ”knows” Mings is a joke.

Lucky bastards 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Interesting how Konsa has been getting a lot of the flack by villa supporters but opposing supporters seem to have focused their ire on Mings.

I think both were bad to be clear.

I don’t rate either that highly to be honest, but Konsa is the one I’d get rid of first. The way he didn’t even challenge Kane when he flicked it on for Son to score was pathetic. His positional sense is so poor.

11 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Since we signed him he has been pretty consistent until the last 19 games or so. If I could only put my finger on what has changed at the club in that time........

You must have missed the game against West Ham where he got sent off

Been our best defender for a couple of years, not in great form but as a team we have real problems defending. A good 6 would help still I think in Gerrard's system but to be honest since O'Kelly and Terry left our play without the ball hasn't been as good.

Konsa is the current scapegoat, but it'll pass...

I felt at the time it was a massive error of judgement to not use some of the Grealish money on a top class dominant centre half last summer. I just thought at the time it would be to replace Mings, not Konsa.

Chambers definitely deserves another run in the team and a new centre back has to be one of the top priorities in the summer, as it should have been last summer.

Both centre backs look dodgy at the moment but Konsa has been the biggest disappointment for me

17 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Hope he never plays for us again, he's turned into Lescott in the relegation season. Absolutely woeful. 

Bullshit 

He hasn't Tweeted from pocket yet 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bazmonkey said:

One of worse games.

When you get off to bad a start...sometimes when you try to correct it you just make more mistakes.

In the match thread he got a pasting for all four goals.

Three yes...but the forth was Luiz having a brain fart and not picking up.the runner and came running in to son who konsa had forced to the touch line 

The thing is when Mings makes a mistake he actually powers forward to try get the goal back actually Mings should try this more often(not the mistakes 😛

Sadly I dont see it from Konsa

Â