Tom Heaton

midian

On 25/08/2019 at 23:53, mikeyp102 said:

How condescending could you be?

It went past him, no keeper would claim to have a ball covered when it’s hit the post. He wouldn’t have known it was going to hit the post. If he had it covered he would’ve saved it. It’s not like he pulled out of it knowing that it wasn’t going in. 

Yes I said he was nowhere near it, that was on first view. Having seen a couple of times, he was closer but I still don’t think he got a touch on it and definitely didn’t have it “covered”.

I am more inclined to think the player that struck it, should have been closed down.

21 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Unless Pickford makes massive blunders (carson style) in competititve england matches the shirt is his to keep.

He regularly makes high profile balls up for everton yet keeps getting picked. his antics at nightclubs etc suggest he had done a joe hart and dissappeared up his own battio. but he seens to have locked down that england jersey. Heaton will only ever be a number 13 for england I believe.

I think Southgate like to pick younger players if he can.......age is Heaton's worst enemy.

• Like 1

I honestly thought Heaton was a bad choice, oh how wrong was I and glad the bloke proved me wrong. 

I think Steer will also learn from Tom, Imagine Steer with Heatons experience, I think he could be ace if Steer could become the new Heaton down the line.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It was the wall which was shocking, then he just tried to guess which way the ball was gonna go.  

Goalies job though, to have the wall where he wants them. Unless you mean they were just ineffective once positioned. It was a long way from where I was sat. 

1 minute ago, choffer said:

Goalies job though, to have the wall where he wants them. Unless you mean they were just ineffective once positioned. It was a long way from where I was sat. 

It wasn't well set up.  I agree it's his choice, but he had no visibility of it.  Also, he guessed where it was going, when really the only place he could have put it is where he put it.  

I like Heaton, but it was a poor wall/defensive set up. 

21 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It was the wall which was shocking, then he just tried to guess which way the ball was gonna go.  

It was terrible. Should have had the side of the goal where the wall isn't covered, especially when it's so close range and much more difficult to get it up and over the wall.

• Like 1

Didn't realise how bad it was.

Doesn't look like professional football, he just passes it into the net.

Sort that please because as usual he was solid with almost everything else. One half flap, though he still got something on it.

Â