Tom Heaton

midian

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

11 days until the Brighton game, i hope to the lord it isnt a recurrence of the shoulder injury that kept him out for 30 odd games.

I seem to remember him struggling briefly at the weekend with what looked like a pulled muscle in his leg.  Didn't Steer warm up at one point or am I just imagining that?

29 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Chances are this is just a rumour, Villa Report are know for spouting a lot of nonsense especially over the Summer transfer window.

I wouldn't worry yet.

You know how Villa Report works right? No news comes from them - they only report what every media outlet they see reporting on Villa. 

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I find it sad how little faith you have in Steer.

We wouldn't even be in this league without him.

I have the utmost respect for Steer, but Heaton is streets ahead DS knew we needed a better first choice keeper in this league that is why he was in the market for one as soon as we were promoted.

Just now, zab6359 said:

I have the utmost respect for Steer, but Heaton is streets ahead DS knew we needed a better first choice keeper in this league that is why he was in the market for one as soon as we were promoted.

Heaton has been average so far.

He's only outstanding game so far has actually been Leipzig in Pre Season.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Heaton has been average so far.

He's only outstanding game so far has actually been Leipzig in Pre Season.

I disagree I think he was a steal at the price we paid and has done well, the reason he may seem average to you is because he hasn't been called upon that much due to being behind a decent defense I expect the shots to rain in against Man city and Liverpool and expect to lose both games and reckon in at least one we will have our arses handed to us, I'd like our best keeper in goal for as many games as possible this season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zab6359 said:

I disagree I think he was a steal at the price we paid and has done well, the reason he may seem average to you is because he hasn't been called upon that much due to being behind a decent defense I expect the shots to rain in against Man city and Liverpool and expect to lose both games and reckon in at least one we will have our arses handed to us, I'd like our best keeper in goal for as many games as possible this season.

He would be a steal if he didn't keep making school boy errors. The penalty against bournemouth, the cross against Burnley, a 30 yard race for the ball against spurs where he has kicked it straight to their player, not coming quick enough for the ball against Norwich. 

3 hours ago, Jay.P.A said:

You know how Villa Report works right? No news comes from them - they only report what every media outlet they see reporting on Villa. 

So it's fair to assume then that they spout a lot of nonsense no?

It's not enough to just say 'we just repost what others say' as though it absolves any level of responsibility or ownership, if you post something - original or otherwise - you should stand by it.

Edited by bannedfromHandV

10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He would be a steal if he didn't keep making school boy errors. The penalty against bournemouth, the cross against Burnley, a 30 yard race for the ball against spurs where he has kicked it straight to their player, not coming quick enough for the ball against Norwich. 

I will give you that one, the rest nah not for me goal keepers come into play so little during a game of football any slight mishap is exaggerated would rather have him over the No1 choice England keeper right now without hesitation. 

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

So it's fair to assume then that they spout a lot of nonsense no?

It's not enough to just say 'we just repost what others say' as though it absolves any level of responsibility or ownership, if you post something - original or otherwise - you should stand by it.

Ridiculous notion. 

It's an account that reports on everything relating to Villa, transfer speculation, rumours, news, team line ups, etc. They're never ever claimed to be ITK or otherwise. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I find it sad how little faith you have in Steer.

We wouldn't even be in this league without him.

Well tbf you have shown to have little faith in Smith and without him we definitely wouldn’t be in this league. 

So you must understand why people find that disappointing considering you feel the same way about Steer.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

Ridiculous notion. 

It's an account that reports on everything relating to Villa, transfer speculation, rumours, news, team line ups, etc. They're never ever claimed to be ITK or otherwise. 

Accountability = ridiculous notion.

Sounds about right for this day and age to be fair. I would never knowingly share something to be consumed by the public on a platform managed by myself without backing whatever content that might be.

But then I guess I’m in a minority.

Â