Tom Heaton

midian

Thought he were supposed to be a decent shot stopper.

Everything seem to go into the back of the net. That's 5 goals conceded in 2 games now.

Would Steer have done much worse this season? I think not.

Edited by villalad21
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, TRO said:

I ask the question

should He have come for that cross for their second goal.

some are saying he should have.

I think he should have. But then Engles should have been closer to it as well. Not to mention the cross shouldn’t have come on. 

It was a shocking goal to concede all round. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TRO said:

I ask the question

should He have come for that cross for their second goal.

some are saying he should have.

Possibly, but that goal was the Swiss cheese model.

Taylor messes up, then both our CB are around the 6 yard box, and the ball is crossed literally right between both 6ft 4 defenders To the guy in the middle and Heaton doesn't come for it.

To be honest I can see why he didn't come for It, both Mings and Engels were there who are both huge, and neither of them get it.

If you froze the play right as the wide man is about to cross, I would have put money on Mings or Engels heading it away rather than the Burnley player getting a free header.

• Like 2

Don’t mean to put a downer on a 5-1 win, and have to admit I didn’t see the whole game... so by no means am I judging his whole game..

...I know Mings sold him short.. I know the sun prob got in his eyes... But my god, he was surely still favourite to get to it, and really should have plucked the ball with his hands instead of a half-arsed swipe at clearing it? For me could (and should) have done better.

Edit : will not delete what I wrote, but of course it just dawned on me that it was a back pass, duh!

i take it back. 

Edited by Thug

Heaton could have been 'quicker' but I think we've established that he's not especially quick off his line. The sole blame for that goal falls on Mings, it was a brainless pass, no only selling his keeper extremely short but giving him an awful bounce to deal with.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Heaton could have been 'quicker' but I think we've established that he's not especially quick off his line. The sole blame for that goal falls on Mings, it was a brainless pass, no only selling his keeper extremely short but giving him an awful bounce to deal with.

I think Mings has been put in a difficult spot by McGinn. Obviously it's an error from Mings but McGinn has taken a quick free kick across the pitch at waist height to a CB who is being closed down...with three minutes of the game left. Then Mings balls up, then Heaton is slow. This is the 'game management' we lack. 

• Like 4

He is a decent keeper at this level but it's not the type of keeper that i like. And it's not the type of keeper that Klopp or Pep likes either. They would ship him out in an instant.

I like aggressive keepers that are good on their feet. Heaton is pretty much an old school keeper.

He will do a job for us but i'm not his biggest fan. Have to be honest.

It wasn't the best ball back from Mings but Heaton was slow to react. He should've got there first. You could see Mings was annoyed knowing it would be on him but could and should've been cleared. If the sun was in his eyes why wasn't he wearing a cap?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He is a decent keeper at this level but it's not the type of keeper that i like. And it's not the type of keeper that Klopp or Pep likes either. They would ship him out in an instant.

I like aggressive keepers that are good on their feet. Heaton is pretty much an old school keeper.

He will do a job for us but i'm not his biggest fan. Have to be honest.

I like keepers who make saves. Heaton is more than decent at this level when you actually look at the sort of clowns playing for most of the sides at this level.

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

I like keepers who make saves. Heaton is more than decent at this level when you actually look at the sort of clowns playing for most of the sides at this level.

I don't doubt he is decent at this level just saying that his style of play is not something i like.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Heaton has made 19 saves and conceded 12 goals.15tg in the league for saves. 

Yeah wasn't the greatest back pass but it still reached the penalty area. Given we pretty much had a free kick on halfway line I thought Heaton would be standing on edge of his box so can't work out why he was so slow to the ball.

Keeper error.

• Like 1

I think only Villa fans could somehow focus on a negative when they have scored 5 goals away from home and won their first away game in prem for 4 years.

From my point of view I think McGinn is the main culprit.We are 5-0 up why does he need to take it so quickly and his ball to Mings is waist high and difficult to control.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you look at the replay it's a bit of a comedy of errors. Poor pass back from Mings, slow reaction from Heaton and then the random factor - the sun was glaring at the time and likely caused both players to misjudge the pass and hesitate just enough to allow the whole mess to happen...

I think Heaton's a solid Premier level player, we're collectively prone to mistakes though and at 5 nil up both him and mings were too casual. One for JT to address at BMH...but nothing to lose sleep over I would suggest..

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The sole blame for that goal falls on Mings,

I disagree.

1)McGinn - ridiculous lofted free kick back pass. Took it was too quickly,    - should of gone forwards to wesley to hold up by the corner flag james milner style.

b)Mings - Lazy swipe at the ball                                                                             - should of sprinted after the pass and launched it out of the stadium into kings lynn town centre.

5)Heaton - should of been on his toes.                                                                 -  should of performed a  tony schumacher style assault on the pressing player.  this solution to keeping that clean sheet.

These players should be made do some sort of forfeit, as it's really taken the gloss off a decent performance. we should have been more ruthless. IT's made a flawless performance into another decent performance with the customary 5mins of day dreaming.

The seeds of doubt have not still been exorcised in the minds of the villa fans we still believe that  that there is an off button in the minds of the villa players. when the clock is ticking down to 87mins they're thinking about the jonny machine in mechu.

Smith should of came out in the press conf and talked about this incident chris wilder style totally bringing these so called "international stars" back down to earth.

I hope terry, in turn pins them against the wall by their throats looks right into their eyes and says "don't you ever...."

A stupid, unnecessarily quickly taken free kick by McGinn when we should be running the time down.

Followed by a crazy back pass from Mings when he should have been launching the ball to safety.

Heaton caught unawares, and in my opinion least to blame of the three.

Luckily it was not a decisive goal, but it really does happen too often.

• Like 3

Â