Tom Heaton

midian

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

lol

Why is that a lol? I'm not writing him off whatsoever but he has made a few Nyland-esqe errors of judgement in two matches now. No ones spot should be guaranteed. Is he not allowed to be criticised? 

He's a very good keeper at this level, our other three are unproven. Steer will get his games in the cups starting at Crewe.

Had a bad game today, it happens. De Gea was chucking them in end of last season but everyone knew overall his level after a decade in England.

Repeat what I said on the last page, he'll win us more points than he loses this season and we'll certainly need him to.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

He's a very good keeper at this level, our other three are unproven. Steer will get his games in the cups starting at Crewe.

Had a bad game today, it happens. De Gea was chucking them in end of last season but everyone knew overall his level after a decade in England.

Repeat what I said on the last page, he'll win us more points than he loses this season and we'll certainly need him to.

I agree with you and hope he does get rid of the couple of calamitous decisions he has had in him so far, like I said not writing him off but he continues like this then his place should be up for grabs, it should be anyway like anyone else in the team. It's open for discussion and replies like yours are great and that's why I didnt understand the vacuous 'lol' comment by Lerners Driver. 

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Why is that a lol? I'm not writing him off whatsoever but he has made a few Nyland-esqe errors of judgement in two matches now. No ones spot should be guaranteed. Is he not allowed to be criticised? 

He is not immune from criticism, but it would take a lot more than he has done wrong so far for him to lose his place, in my opinion. Dropping a goalkeeper happens when they have had several consecutive howlers and it appears their head has gone. He's nowhere near that and the good he's shown is far greater than the bad in my opinion. That's why you got a lol. 

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

He is not immune from criticism, but it would take a lot more than he has done wrong so far for him to lose his place, in my opinion. Dropping a goalkeeper happens when they have had several consecutive howlers and it appears their head has gone. He's nowhere near that and the good he's shown is far greater than the bad in my opinion. That's why you got a lol. 

Why couldn't you just post that to begin with instead of being a dick?

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Really didn't need that start. Unforgivable for a senior figure like him.

Don't be silly

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Shocking performance. That was Nyland-escue

Don't go over the top

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

He's got one more match left for me before Steer gets his place back. 

Don't do drugs(Joke)

A couple of errors today and one that cost us but let's not get carried away FFS. You all should know better and calm down. Have a drink.

As some have said he will earn us more points than he lose us this season. We had a bad start today and never fully recovered but no chance is he getting replaced. 

• Like 1

i have seen enough to know he is a good buy.

but, he needs to stop doing dumb sh*t like running out of his goal and doing mad stuff.

He did it versus Leipzig and got saved by the defence (ball chipped over him wide left edge of box), he did it versus Spurs and was saved by Mings (header at 18 yard circle - Mings cleared the follow up off the line), and he gave away a pen today when Mings had the runner covered, there was no need for him to be chasing that player down.

3 mad moments in 3 games, needs to stop.

All that said, i do think he's an excellent purchase, but the "one mad moment" he seems to have per game currently, needs to stop now, its like he's almost trying too hard to command his box, needs to relax and let the defence do their job.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I agree with you and hope he does get rid of the couple of calamitous decisions he has had in him so far, like I said not writing him off but he continues like this then his place should be up for grabs, it should be anyway like anyone else in the team. It's open for discussion and replies like yours are great and that's why I didnt understand the vacuous 'lol' comment by Lerners Driver. 

He was good last week from what I saw so it's just one bad game.

Disappointing mistake from a guy with his level of talent and experience. It's all well and good making good saves, but if you put the whole team on the back foot after 40 seconds, then you definitely owe at least your teammates something. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He doesn’t owe us anything, without him so far our goal difference would be much worse

Yet he’s cost us one, possibly three points as per lexicons post above.

• Like 1

Him and Luiz's brilliant moments have been eclipsed by errors that have cost their teams.

Valuable points on the board have been dropped, and concerns from some supporters heightened.

It's not ideal by any stretch of the imagination, but I have a lot of faith in what's happening at Villa right now.

Heaton's abilities play a fundamental role in me having that faith.

Quite a surprising mistake from an experienced 'keeper. "Villa Analytics" on twitter wrote when we signed him that over the past few years he has reduced the amount that he rushes out of goal to make clearances or tackles. Based on his decision making yesterday I can see why. It was totally unnecessary. I'm expecting better to be honest, I'm sure he will be also. 

Â