Tom Heaton

midian

Slightly concerned about Dyche's comments about us out paying by far wages wise! In the learning lessons of past few years, I trust its more sustainable, or hopefully just a sign that Burnley are stingy! 

Edited by Dale

25 minutes ago, Dale said:

Slightly concerned about Dyche's comments about us out paying by far wages wise! In the learning lessons of past few years, I trust its more sustainable, or hopefully just a sign that Burnley are stingy! 

He was on around 35k per week if random internet people are to be believed. If we are paying him 40-50k per week is that really that much for a 1st choice keeper?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

He was on around 35k per week if random internet people are to be believed. If we are paying him 40-50k per week is that really that much for a 1st choice keeper?

Well my sources have said that he was Burnley's highest paid player, and that his weekly take-home was £13.50, 3 steak and kidney pies, 2 large jugs of onion gravy and 5 homemade staffordshire oakcakes.

That's the Burnley way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dale said:

This site is pretty accurate with US sports, not sure about football though, but it has Heaton on £42.k last year

https://www.spotrac.com/Premier League/burnley-f.c/payroll/2018/

4 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Burnley are stingy! 

12 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Considering De Gea is being offered over £400k+ a week, no, no it's not.

Sheff Utd have also made it known that they and other teams cannot compete with us. Just a sign of the times where we are now sensibly going as a club.

I said it before and I will say it again, A brilliant signing and a steal at £8m and he alone could be worth an extra 10pts.  As @Keener window-cleaner says, he could be one of the most important signings this summer.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Dale said:

Likely he's saving face a little bit as well by saying that. 

Provided we have sensible relegation wage drop clauses, then with Premier League money and (in theory) our wage bill being somewhat low after years in the Championship, financially we should be well suited for the Premier League. I can't imagine with our current owners/management we would be paying crazy high wages to our new signings, unless we needed to do so in order to gain a work permit. Heaton has proven he's worth a solid wage from years of performances in the top tier, I don't think any of our other signings can really make the same case so are probably on less with heavy performance bonuses.

• Like 1

It's been seriously doing my head in as to who I think Heaton looks like and low and behold it clicked.

I think he looks just like Ray Stevenson, you may remember him as Firefly out of G.I joe, Redridge from the book of eli or as none other than Frank Castle from the Punisher War zone.

From this day Forth Heaton you are our very own Punisher 😎

the-punisher-war-zone-stevenson.jpg

Edited by Dave-R

Â