Matt Targett

villan-scott

20 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Nope Hause was marking ndidi. Iheanacho came from right wing and behind Targett. It wasn't hause's fault the same way it wasnt soyuncu's fault for the winner. 

I saw highlights again and thought someone on VT will blame Hause for the goal

4 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

LB-left-back-correct-prog.jpg

Targett is pretty up on this list based on stats for left back's!

Show's you how well he is doing!

Original link here with the table from above:- https://totalfootballanalysis.com/data-analysis/using-data-identify-new-left-back-liverpool

Seems like the other table at the link is even better for Targett:

Liverpool-LB-xA.jpg

I've never really felt that he was anything other than good going forward; I would be interested to see how his more defensive stats stack up.

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Seems like the other table at the link is even better for Targett:

Liverpool-LB-xA.jpg

I've never really felt that he was anything other than good going forward; I would be interested to see how his more defensive stats stack up.

Looking at that chart how has James Bree got slightly higher stats than Jordan Amavi!!! :D 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I saw highlights again and thought someone on VT will blame Hause for the goal

That's crazy. Targett was next to the goalscorer and then stopped running and started ball-watching. It was 110% Targett's fault.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

That's crazy. Targett was next to the goalscorer and then stopped running and started ball-watching. It was 110% Targett's fault.

And yet there is post(s?) blaming Hause. Some people are looking to criticise Hause at every opportunity. It's so evident

13 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

And yet there is post(s?) blaming Hause. Some people are looking to criticise Hause at every opportunity. It's so evident

I noticed something like that in the match thread too. It's far too early. Hause will be a good defender. We need those too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I like both Hause and Targett, but I agree it was Targett's fault. Although that was hard ball, I'm not sure he would've done anything with it. 

Hause improved us on air balls. I'm more confident now with every corner or high balls than I was earlier the season. I think this formation is perfect for our players. For Targett especially, and being able to have Hause around without depending on him as a main defender.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I thought he was good today. The link up between him and Grealish is excellent. If we go down, we won't be keeping him.

We will. No one is going to come in and pay £15m for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think he is a ‘ball watcher’?

I'll bite when no one else seems to wanna. It's because at times he just stands idly watching as the ball passes by him, without much effort to intercept, move or otherwise re-position himself.

11 minutes ago, vreitti said:

I'll bite when no one else seems to wanna. It's because at times he just stands idly watching as the ball passes by him, without much effort to intercept, move or otherwise re-position himself.

He doesn't ball watch. He's joint 4th best in the league for interceptions, now averaging 0.1 more than N'Golo Kante. I think he needs to improve his tackling and get stuck in more, though he did seem to do that more yesterday. 

Â