Matt Targett

villan-scott

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

A tad melodramatic don't you think mate? :D 

Young can cover if need be.

Im really not happy mate. This does not benefit the club at all.

Youngs 36 he wont be able to play week in week out if digne picks up a injury

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Makes no sense. Leaves us short, if there's an injury to Digne. He's definitely decent as a back up till at least the summer and also it's helping out Newcastle. A team that if they stay up, which they should do based on January incomings, will no doubt beat us to every player we want in the summer/ will be competing against to get in the top 4. 

I'll concede its a bit odd, but the people in charge here know what they are doing. There must be some benefit in it for us (a large loan fee perhaps)

Its not worth getting angry about. 

A shambles , furious, disgraceful. 

Do we really have to go over the top and be so entitled. Maybe Gerrard has **** him off as he doesnt rate him. Maybe its a decision to show that if you arent 100 percent behind the project then you are gone. 

Lets just wait and see what comes out in the wash with regards to Targett. 

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

They'll most likely pay his wages and a loan fee. The club still needs to look at ways to bring in money.

We could have put in some trigger clauses like Juventus have done with Kulusevski. If they stay up they have to buy him for example

3 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Even if we were loaning him to Burnley, it’s a strange decision.

Doesn’t seem to be a loan fee? Or obligation to buy?

It’s not like he needs game time to develop, he’s 26. All it does is make our squad depth worse. 

Still it’s his choice,  odds on if Dinge stays fit for the remainder of the season Targett doesn’t get a game, the bench of 9 players everyone’s fit, Olssen, Chuck Sanson,Ings,Young,Hause,Bailey,Traore, Chambers 2 utility players in Chambers and Young and a out and out central defender in Hause another fullback in Targett would be a waste, it’s not ideal losing him but if he wanted to Go what could we do? Out of all the players on the bench do You honestly think we bring on Matty Targett? Say we convinced him that staying would be his best option and he would get some minutes off the bench, do you honestly think the best option for the team would be to hook Dinge off for Targett? No Chukwuemeka for Coutinho, Bailey for Buendia, Chambers for Luiz or Sanson for McGinn and old head in Ashley Young to calm the team down and see the game out , some aerial presence in Kortney Hause sounds better doesn’t it.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m genuinely shocked with how passionate people are about loaning out Targett to Newcastle. 

Am I the only one that doesn’t really give a shit?

i dont give a s**** about loaning or selling Targett to anyone, including Newcastle.

I do give a s*** that our only backup LB is now Young if anything happened to Digne, who tbh hasnt really filled me with confidence covering that position.

Only 18 games to go though i suppose, we wont get Europe or be relegated, so get this season done and have a huge summer i suppose!

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'll concede its a bit odd, but the people in charge here know what they are doing. There must be some benefit in it for us (a large loan fee perhaps)

Its not worth getting angry about. 

We also don’t have the entire story in regards to how Targett feels and what’s in the details of the loan. So it’s a bit irrational getting that upset over this without having the full picture.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

They've already done enough to easily stay up with the shamblic team's around them 

No they haven’t. There’s a long way to go yet and the business they’ve done has been underwhelming at best. Trippier is the only one you’d say is proper quality.

Saying that “oh well they’ve already done enough so let’s just flog them someone” is a poor cop out.

For all the anger out left back position is still stronger then it was at the start of January. 

edit: With what I’m guessing an unhappy player out the door too. I’d have thought we wanted players that want to be here.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m genuinely shocked with how passionate people are about loaning out Targett to Newcastle. 

Am I the only one that doesn’t really give a shit?

Gerrard slowly getting rid of our weak links and replacing them with better quality.

I actually don't rate Targett at all, and don't think he will strengthen Newcastle significally.

I'm fine with it.

Sending Kesler out on loan is leaving us light though. Only Ash as backup for 2 positions.

Yes I know Hause, Konsa and Mings can do a makeshift job there but it's far from optimal

Â