Matt Targett

villan-scott

Needs some time off. 

Most of the goals conceded in the past few games have had Targett front and centre of the root of the goal.

Spurs: of

Wolves, two back post pull backs not covered.

Arsenal, penalty.

West Ham: bad body shape to let Johnson inside, tries to win the header against Antonio, dragged all over for Bowen's.

Harsh to say he's directed at fault for them but he's all over the shop and needs time out of the firing line.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Agreed. Looks to have piled on the timber since the pubs re-opened. He's as athletic as a dead fish. 

I do think that he has a bit of an unfortunate body shape but he is definitely not in top condition!

People get stick for saying this, but like Westwood, Hourihane, and many other players I really struggle with players that lack balls. 

If he gets done early his head is shot and he becomes a bit of a disaster. Technically he is pretty good but he’s very weak mentally. 

2 hours ago, May-Z said:

West Ham: bad body shape to let Johnson inside, tries to win the header against Antonio, dragged all over for Bowen's.

Good observation on the first goal. I missed that.

24 minutes ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

People point Targett fault for Johnson goal, personally it is Bailey job man mark west ham's full back as Targett man-marked Said B, really Targett shouldve tell him to man mark and communication really as team work which we lack today.

Bailey was in position and should have stopped the shot, but I see May-Z's point now. Target tried to show Johnson the outside but did a poor job of it, left himself exposed, and let Johnson cut inside.

He's an awful player. I think Oliver Hardy would look good playing behind Grealish, and all the time and space and ball retention that came with it.

He started the season with a car crash against Watford and hasn't improved since. Start Young for now and make a new LB a priority on Jan 1.

Â