Matt Targett

villan-scott

1 hour ago, tezzaleed said:

I'm genuinely annoyed by this move.  why help strengthen Newcastle with loan deals.  its crazy.  we also leave ourselves with no cover at left wing back again, and no Young is not good enough cover there and none of the cb's can cover the way Gérard plays with high wing backs.  ludicrous.

Why is Young not good enough?

I'd like to wish Targett well but I absolutely despise the team he's joined...

I was hoping illogically PL clubs would be reluctant to do business and help them out but money is money and the PL is as much about money as football.

Unfortunate but true.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

He's only on loan, get them relegated and return here

This could happen. We're not in any other competitions this season so perhaps he felt he was better off playing the rest of the season elsewhere. Next season there will be more opportunities and IF he shines at Newcastle perhaps he will return to us and continue. 

2 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Never seen him smile like this when he was with us.

spacer.png

The look of a man ready to fulfill his job of relegating the Toon before returning back to us to fight for his place

4 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

spacer.png

Will you accept this mission...Agent Targett?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'd like to wish Targett well but I absolutely despise the team he's joined...

I was hoping illogically PL clubs would be reluctant to do business and help them out but money is money and the PL is as much about money as football.

Unfortunate but true.

I see a lot of this, but how much different is it from accepting £100m from Man City?

11 minutes ago, Thug said:

I see a lot of this, but how much different is it from accepting £100m from Man City?

Tbf it was a release clause. Dont think they would have accepted any amount without that clause; wasnt there reports of Purslow touting him about to Real Madrid & Utd so that we didnt have to deal with City ?

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Tbf it was a release clause. Dont think they would have accepted any amount without that clause; wasnt there reports of Purslow touting him about to Real Madrid & Utd so that we didnt have to deal with City ?

Yh fair enough.

But I think the general sentiment is that Saudi money is dirty compared to anyone else’s.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

This forum is so funny some times.

When a player stays he's just collecting a pay cheque and happy to warm the bench.

When a player goes he's chasing the money and not willing to stay and fight for a place

the best part of this logic is that the outcome determines the underlying motivation of the actions leading to the outcome. funny is the word I suppose..

8 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

spacer.png

This has a look of a video where behind the scenes, they are holding his family hostage.

'Yes, smile. Everything is ok, isn't it Matt'.

Â