Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

2 hours ago, Cridontour said:

I have a problem with my seat, it’s been jammed together with the one next to it for the last 3 games. I’ve emailed the club twice and they’ve promised to address it, still wasn’t fixed last night. Third time lucky hopefully as another email has just been sent.

Also what’s with the bar in the Holte End car park only selling beer to Holte End ticket holders? Went to the game with a friend who sits in the Doug Ellis, couldn’t have a pint together as they wouldn’t let him in!

It's their compensation for having had the lower grounds area taken away.

59 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Why has getting people through the turnstiles in a timely manner suddenly become so difficult?

Sell out cup games with tickets on paper or phone to be scanned takes that little bit longer than a quick tap on with a season ticket. I usually arrive at the Holte Upper 15 minutes before kick-off. It typically takes a minute or two to queue, be searched and go through the turnstile. Last night it took about 4 minutes. Still okay in my opinion, although I did walk past queues to the Trinity Road entrances that looked like they might take longer than 5 minutes, which isn't so reasonable.

My son queued from 2 minutes before half time to 5 minutes in to the second half (over 20 minutes), to be told the chicken he'd ordered and paid for had sold out so they needed to refund him. An unacceptable delay and unacceptable stock level in the Holte Upper.

Given the high prices, the club are missing out on some serious profit, by not shifting as much food and drink as they logistically should be able to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brommy said:

Sell out cup games with tickets on paper or phone to be scanned takes that little bit longer than a quick tap on with a season ticket. I usually arrive at the Holte Upper 15 minutes before kick-off. It typically takes a minute or two to queue, be searched and go through the turnstile. Last night it took about 4 minutes. Still okay in my opinion, although I did walk past queues to the Trinity Road entrances that looked like they might take longer than 5 minutes, which isn't so reasonable.

I used a quick tap of my phone.

12 minutes ago, limpid said:

same for me. Most of the delay i noticed was that lots of season ticket holders were still trying to use cards, then taking time for someone to explain cards dont work, then taking time to find emails on phones, then taking time to argue and complain that their cards dont work.......

I also noticed a lot of people trying to scan the barcode from the email on their phone, rather than loading the ticket into their respective phone wallet.

Thankfully the additional queueing time gave me chance to make all of these interesting observations.

• Like 2

Unfortunately it's because there's a lot of people that stand in a queue for 5 minutes and then only when they get to the turnstile do they think they need their ticket. So they're scrambling around in their pockets for a beaten up piece of A2 paper folded 6 billion times (why they think you need to print anything nowadays is strange but hey) then they spend an age unfolding it...then spend an age folding it to fit in the scanner box thing.

It's every week.

• Like 1

Yeah the ticketing issue is terrible, it’s bad enough on a normal PL matchday with people using their season cards to scan in, but yday it was very very slow. I don’t see what’s so hard about putting an NFC version of the ticket on the phone and scanning in? The poor guy on the turnstile resorted to letting people in as the scanning was an issue for so many.

on the plus side in the north upper on the far left side they had a “concourse extension” area which is behind a set of doors that are usually closed. It was quite nice to grab a seat and have a beer and chat with people instead of standing in the packed out concourse!

1 hour ago, limpid said:

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

same for me. Most of the delay i noticed was that lots of season ticket holders were still trying to use cards, then taking time for someone to explain cards dont work, then taking time to find emails on phones, then taking time to argue and complain that their cards dont work.......

I also noticed a lot of people trying to scan the barcode from the email on their phone, rather than loading the ticket into their respective phone wallet.

Thankfully the additional queueing time gave me chance to make all of these interesting observations.

Yep, it was mostly user error.  People not reading instructions or basically not being prepared.   Start looking around for the phone once you get to the front of the queue.  It would be quick and easy if everyone was prepared but people are idiots unfortunately.

Not sure why they can't load them onto the season ticket card.  That's what they always used to do.

On 07/10/2023 at 09:51, S-Platt said:

The lights in the 2 o's in Football on Aston Villa Football Club need replacing on the outside of The Witton Lane Stand.

The were flashing like mad Thursday night.

That is the view 1000s of people see from the M6 daily so needs sorting.

I noticed this was sorted at last night's game so well done Villa.

20 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Why has getting people through the turnstiles in a timely manner suddenly become so difficult?

The queues into the Doug Ellis were really bad. Lots of people missed the start and the disallowed goal. It was definitely much much worse than usual.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Who let you out of the computer?

Elon Musk built me a remote unit. Obviously that meant I get there several years late, my batteries didn't last the match and I had to shout random right wing dog whistles on the rare occasions that I could get mobile signal.

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, limpid said:

It was other fans who were using paper tickets or being slow to access the QR code on their phone that caused delays to enter Villa Park (in comparison to PL games where around 75% of home fans quickly tap on with their ST card), so you're definitely off the hook on this one!

I had my phone already showing the QR code which took 2 seconds to scan, so it wasn't me either, but I'm curious how to enable the 'ticket' to be able to tap on?

Has anyone asked the club why ST cards can't be used for cup games purchased by ST holders?

8 minutes ago, brommy said:

It was other fans who were using paper tickets or being slow to access the QR code on their phone that caused delays to enter Villa Park (in comparison to PL games where around 75% of home fans quickly tap on with their ST card), so you're definitely off the hook on this one!

I had my phone already showing the QR code which took 2 seconds to scan, so it wasn't me either, but I'm curious how to enable the 'ticket' to be able to tap on?

Has anyone asked the club why ST cards can't be used for cup games purchased by ST holders?

Why hadn't you added the ticket to your wallet? Much quicker to use NFC than scan and only requires tapping the "add to wallet" on the pdf they sent.

8 minutes ago, limpid said:

Why hadn't you added the ticket to your wallet? Much quicker to use NFC than scan and only requires tapping the "add to wallet" on the pdf they sent.

I had added the ticket to my Google Wallet but didn't realise that then enabled NFC for 'tap on' entry. It took 2 seconds to scan my readied QR code so caused an unnecessary 1.5 second delay.🤦‍♂️ I'll know better next time! Hopefully so will those fans who get to the turnstile and then start folding paper tickets or unlocking their phone and starting to search for the ticket.

I'm still curious why ST cards can't be used for access to cup games? Got to be around 50% of Thursday night's home fans that could simply tap on as they are familiar with for the 19 PL games and reduce those queues.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brommy said:

I had added the ticket to my Google Wallet but didn't realise that then enabled NFC for 'tap on' entry. It took 2 seconds to scan my readied QR code so caused an unnecessary 1.5 second delay.🤦‍♂️ I'll know better next time! Hopefully so will those fans who get to the turnstile and then start folding paper tickets or unlocking their phone and starting to search for the ticket.

I'm still curious why ST cards can't be used for access to cup games? Got to be around 50% of Thursday night's home fans that could simply tap on as they are familiar with for the 19 PL games and reduce those queues.

I think that in the future they'll use the AVFC app combined with the wallet on your device. I don't want to carry a card. I've not carried a physical wallet since before covid.

Â