Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

3 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

The lack of attention to detail even affects the TV screens, which wished us a “save” journey home after the game on Saturday!

Yeah I noticed that as well.  Also when the team names came up on the screens and on the electronic advertising boards around the pitch, Dougie was 'DOULAS LUIZ.' 🙄 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

7 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

The lack of attention to detail even affects the TV screens, which wished us a “save” journey home after the game on Saturday!

Lower Holte screens - yellow ticker of ‘latest news’ at the Hibs game was about a Hundred cricket game that had taken place ten days previously

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, andycv said:

I was in the Trinity at the weekend - and everything work fine there.  Is this just a Holte/Witton Lane issue?

Really? Mostly we sit Trinity as we have the little un with us, queues for food and drink are horrendous at half time, especially Upper tier. If the kids want a drink or choccy bar the missus goes at 35 minutes or else she'd still be there for second half KO. Lower tier is better, the girls on the Pietanic kiosk are regulars and actually seem to give a sh**e, but they've never got the full menu. Always friendly and helpful though. Bogs are much better than Holte though. 

On a side note, I'd wish someone would take some WD40 for the security gate that separates lower north from Trinity. Bloody noise is horrendous when they open that thing

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/09/2023 at 06:20, Pongo's Socks said:

Really? Mostly we sit Trinity as we have the little un with us, queues for food and drink are horrendous at half time, especially Upper tier. If the kids want a drink or choccy bar the missus goes at 35 minutes or else she'd still be there for second half KO.

Yep, terrible queues and service in Upper Trinity.  I just bring my own snacks and drink extra before i get in the ground as no chance i'm queueing and missing part of the match.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Wouldn't know I'm still queuing for one in the Doug Ellis. My son was born in this queue and my son's son's son will be born in this queue.

Send help.

This is so true. I've seen snails move quicker than the queues in the Upper Doug Ellis. it's also criminal that they still run out of pies. How difficult can it be to calculate how many pies are needed we sell out for every premier league game so it's not like the number of people turning up can be a surprise. 

5 hours ago, ender4 said:

Yep, terrible queues and service in Upper Trinity.  I just bring my own snacks and drink extra before i get in the ground as no chance i'm queueing and missing part of the match.

They've changed the pies and they're not as good!

1 minute ago, villaajax said:

Had my first balti pie at the WSL game until Sunday, I must admit it didn't meet expectations 😬

Was it labelled as a 'tandoori' pie?   If so that's the new stuff.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I just asked for a balti pie and got a pie in a tin in a plain box..tasted the pastry more than anything but it was packed with chicken to be fair. I wasn't going to pay £12.50 for some fried chicken 😅

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

This is most disappointing news. Do food costs come off our FFP bottom line? If not, kinda weird that they're skimping on the concourse food. Maybe another way to encourage people in to the pre-paid version of match day food and drink offerings.

Â