Ethan Ampadu

momo

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 11:35, sne said:

Ruling out loan signings is silly and frankly a bit arrogant.

We are not in a position (yet) where we scoff at what loan players can offer.

We haven't ruled out loan signings, we ruled out loan signings where we are simply developing other clubs players without the option to buy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

We haven't ruled out loan signings, we ruled out loan signings where we are simply developing other clubs players without the option to buy.

Yes, a sensible approach.

But even loans without options should not be completely ruled out if it's the right player and circumstances IMO

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

There would never be any realistic “right” circumstances where a loan without an option to buy would be the right decision.

I dunno. If Grealish did his ACL the day before the window closed I wouldn't give a shit if we loaned someone of a similar quality in without the option to buy.

Please let this not happen though.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

There would never be any realistic “right” circumstances where a loan without an option to buy would be the right decision.

I'm not sure how you can categorically rule it out. I've said it before to do so would be both arrogant and negligent. If player A can be loaned in for a season to fill a gap we otherwise can't fill and that helps us stay in the PL, why would anyone have a problem with that.

I don't want 5 loan signings but do be so against any loan is madness imo.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I'm not sure how you can categorically rule it out. I've said it before to do so would be both arrogant and negligent. If player A can be loaned in for a season to fill a gap we otherwise can't fill and that helps us stay in the PL, why would anyone have a problem with that.

I previously thought Purslow maybe shot himself in the foot abit with his comments but the fact loans without options have been ruled out maybe it means the club won’t even waste time working on these deals. 

Axel for example. He’s not for sale but you can have him for another season. No thanks, we move on. 

31 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Can't see Chelsea wanting him gone, and I can't see him getting the regular games he needs here if Engels/Luiz/Nakamba deals go through. He's got a great future ahead of him.

He is more of a natural CB than he is a DM so the likes of Luiz and Nakamba will not really have any impact.

It's how our 4 CB's will look going into the season. Mings, Hause, Konsa, Chester*, (1 more to come which is anyone's guess who - Engels? Axel? Ampadu?)

We won't sign all 3 that's for sure.

44 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

The point is that you build a squad of your own players and youth to be able to deal with any such gaps. This seems to be what the club is doing by genuinely trying to have at least two players for each position. 

Being forced to loan a player with no option to buy is tantamount to admitting complete failure in the clubs ability to spot gaps and build a squad effectively.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Being forced to loan a player with no option to buy is tantamount to admitting complete failure in the clubs ability to spot gaps and build a squad effectively.

Exactly. I think that’s why Purslow set the stance from the start. 

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

There are times it was needed.  Take last year Tammy came and did a job for us but has decided to go back to Chelsea.  We have since moved on.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I guess Engels. And he will probably come in with a view to starting games whilst Konsa develops. 

I don't see the point in loaning an 18 year old centre back with no option to buy. That should definitely be a non starter. 

Absolutely DDID, and furthermore the same goes for Tuanzebe to a degree aswell, No clause - No use, we move on.

The kid is top draw, to buy then yes all day long, to loan with option to buy ? Hmm tempting as would use him as a sub to close out a game. Straight out loan ? Pointless hes never going to start in front of what we've just bought.

He will go to Leeds on loan or actually can see Frank loaning him to Frank Lampards derby. He will do exceptionally well there.

Midfielder converted to defender so can happily play either with little effort.

Another exeter youth player that's stood out.

front and centre of Chelsea's away kit launch

he might be available on loan but I don't think Chelsea have any intention of inserting any kind of clauses that would benefit the loan club, purely a Chelsea player development move

Â