Ethan Ampadu

momo

31 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I haven’t seen him play live, just YouTube clips and he looks brilliant, really stylish and he reads the game so well for someone so young. The fact that he’s been around Chelsea’s first team speak volumes

I am very pleased with this news.. bullshit or not.

He is one of the very many players I suggested to @Villan4Life back in February/March.

Lookman was also amongst this list...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I am very pleased with this news.. bullshit or not.

He is one of the very many players I suggested to @Villan4Life back in February/March.

Lookman was also amongst this list...

Have you seen him play live? If so, for who? (Ampadu)

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

13 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Yeah my comment was tongue in cheek to the speculation really as we aren't going to be loaning anyone, its already been stated by Smith & Purslow.

Also I don't think we would throw an 18 year old into the team in such an important season.

If you’re good enough, you’re old enough, I’ve only seen him on YouTube but he looks amazing 

21 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm pretty sure Purslow said the same about not loaning in players without an option to buy, in January, and then we went and did exactly that with Tyrone Mings.

He did but he wasn’t completely ruling out the possibility.  I think he was just making it clear it’s a last resort.

He could have been trying to get away from the polices of the last lot who were more or less saying they would have to loan players (beg, steal and borrow).

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Have you seen him play live? If so, for who? (Ampadu)

Not in person, live, no.

Did watch a game might have been last season or season before he played in a game against Norwich and looked not too bad, like Tuanzebe, Ampadu will benefot from first team action.

I don't rate him as highly as Tuanzebe but he is a promising youngster and can became a quality CB if he wants to be.

• Thanks 1

I'm highly sceptical there's anything in this at all purely because of the initial source. MSM know **** all about what we're doing. The only genuine ITK stuff emerging is some Twitter stuff and one has to be very discerning about filtering the few knowing from the many chattering. Even then it's coming out as advanced stages/announcement imminent revelations.

That said, if there is anything in it, it'll be loan to buy or outright purchase. Purslow was very clear about the future strategy on recruitment where a loan is involved and I'm sure the wranglings with Bournemouth over Mings will only further convince everybody of the wisdom of that approach.

No more flipping Loans simple as that, sick of it all. Yes the loans have helped and aided us but what's more important is that we've been totally screwed out of the choice of permanently signing players that we wanted to keep.

Villa did the hard work in bringing the players back to life when there clubs didn't want them in there first team any longer, it's a situation I'd very much like us to forget.

18 hours ago, villadodo said:

It's a weird one. The Guardian don't normally report nonsense clickbait rumours but it wouldn't make sense. Not for us based on what Purslow / Smith said about loans. Not for Chelsea based on their transfer ban.

They do have a weird Ethan Ampadu fetish on Football Weekly though. He gets talked up on the regular there so it stands to reason he'd get more column inches than most on the rumour mill too. 

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I think people are taking the no loans line a bit too literally. 

People are acting like we’ll never loan a player ever again. 

Maybe because they were his exact words, said an in video interview on the official site?

It you rather believe the words of a random journalist then go ahead

19 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Maybe because they were his exact words, said an in video interview on the official site?

Calm down. 

I didn’t say anything about believing THIS. 

I just said I find it hard to believe we’ll never loan a player again. I think people are taking it a bit too literally. 

Yep, if the right loan deal is staring you in the face then you're going to take it, tuanzebe out of contract next summer on loan again for example, a loan to buy that shifts a load of expenditure in to next year's FFP figures as another

This kid though I just don't get it / see it, he's ready to be loaned out, will probably go the same way as Ake* but I don't see the benefit to us if it's just a straight up loan deal 

*at the moment it's maybe a bit early to say with odoi but I think Christiansen is the only player to come through Chelsea ranks since Terry which when you consider their dominance at youth level in this country and some European success is an embarrassment verging on a disgrace, can't see them carrying it on for much longer, they'll want some more coming though and he will be one primed for it

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

He actually said we wouldn't be loaning players in and then developing them into more valuable assets that would mean the club that hold his registration uplift the fee we would have to pay. The difference between two of our loans we wanted to bring in illustrates that.

El Ghazi, who we got for a pre-agreed fee and couldn't be raised following his form here.

Mings, who we couldn't get Bournemouth to agree to anything more advantageous to us than what is a truly worthless "matching fee clause", which isn't worth the price of the ink on any agreement that was on. Now, they want much more than he was valued at in January and they want their lottery win payout. I doubt they had any idea he would tear it up like he did and can't believe their **** luck. The question is now, will we pay what they are after.

Nas or Wes should induce some other minor club to bid £5 for him so we match it. Haven't we still got ties with clubs we were going to partner with? :crylaugh:

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yep, if the right loan deal is staring you in the face then you're going to take it, tuanzebe out of contract next summer on loan again for example, a loan to buy that shifts a load of expenditure in to next year's FFP figures as another

This kid though I just don't get it / see it, he's ready to be loaned out, will probably go the same way as Ake* but I don't see the benefit to us if it's just a straight up loan deal 

*at the moment it's maybe a bit early to say with odoi but I think Christiansen is the only player to come through Chelsea ranks since Terry which when you consider their dominance at youth level in this country and some European success is an embarrassment verging on a disgrace, can't see them carrying it on for much longer, they'll want some more coming though and he will be one primed for it

Ruben Loftus-Cheek?

• Like 1

Â