Ethan Ampadu

momo

13 minutes ago, sne said:

Ruling out loan signings is silly and frankly a bit arrogant.

We are not in a position (yet) where we scoff at what loan players can offer.

Exactly.

If we do loan anyone then we know 99.9% there will be a clause in there to sign them at the end of the loan for a pre-agreed fee.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

6 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Purslow didn't though, he just ruled out a lan with no option to buy at the end of it. I think he's right, we should get the value of developing players, not someone else.

Depends on the player and situation, but in an ideal world yes, agreed.

12 hours ago, romavillan said:

Purslow didn't though, he just ruled out a lan with no option to buy at the end of it. I think he's right, we should get the value of developing players, not someone else.

It shows that he is thinking about the business model that will take the club forward for the foreseeable future and beyond, which is very reassuring.

It gives players an ultimatum as well, we're not just some stepping stone or platform for  you to impress other teams. We're Aston Villa and we expect commitment and dedication.

• Like 3

Even with the above said and taken into account, I would take Ampadu on loan for a season without a doubt.

Very tidy, excellent IQ both defensively and in attack. Him and McGinn would be sensational pairing to allow Grealish license to focus on attacks.

Has a lofted pass which makes his transition play near perfect because he will make a stellar interception and immediately release a pass that plays in behind enemy lines.

Would be an absolute asset.

For games where we are under the pump, and are more reliant on direct play and counter attacks, but also to add another dimension with ball retention and build up play passages.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, romavillan said:

I don't understand this point of view at all. Imagine if Lionel Messi gets put up for loan but Barca don't give us an option to buy, we just go nah thanks we'll be right.

I'm not a big fan of loans for the same reason other people aren't. However if DS or whoever makes the call thinks we can loan in a player that can help us stay up and establish ourselves in the Premier League, I would really hope we sign them on loan.

To not do so would be negligent and arrogant. Purslow has just said that we won't sign loans without an option to buy, to send a message to other clubs. He doesn't mean it literally I'm quite sure. It's no different to when a club says a player is not for sale at any price and 3 weeks later he signs for another club.

One day hopefully we will never need to loan another player in, but we are beggars in the PL at the moment and we need to choose wisely.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I don't understand this point of view at all. Imagine if Lionel Messi gets put up for loan but Barca don't give us an option to buy, we just go nah thanks we'll be right.

I'm not a big fan of loans for the same reason other people aren't. However if DS or whoever makes the call thinks we can loan in a player that can help us stay up and establish ourselves in the Premier League, I would really hope we sign them on loan.

To not do so would be negligent and arrogant. Purslow has just said that we won't sign loans without an option to buy, to send a message to other clubs. He doesn't mean it literally I'm quite sure. It's no different to when a club says a player is not for sale at any price and 3 weeks later he signs for another club.

One day hopefully we will never need to loan another player in, but we are beggars in the PL at the moment and we need to choose wisely.

Exactly! While some talk about loans like massive mistakes we've made, without loans we wouldn't have made the playoffs last or this year or won the promotion.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, sne said:

Ruling out loan signings is silly and frankly a bit arrogant.

We are not in a position (yet) where we scoff at what loan players can offer.

Actually we are. Loan signigns are largely about lacking the financial means to sign someone permanently.

If we can sign a loan with option to buy, fine. If not, stay away. 

If the argument is that we can't find better players for sale than what's available for loan, then I suggest we sack our scouting department, because then they must be **** shit. 

The huge problem with loans is that it very often leads to a loan circle where the club doesn't develop from it. It's short term thinking where you should be thinking long term. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 3

On 22/06/2019 at 02:15, Villan_of_oz said:

Yes, because it’s someone trying to scam us.

obviously.

Nigerian accent: ’Can u transfer the monies into our account, and we’ll send you Lionel Messi first class post next week.’

Edited by Thug
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Thug said:

obviously.

Nigerian accent: ’Can u transfer the monies into our account, and we’ll send you Lionel Messi first class post next week.’

I think the mystery disappearance of Xia money has been solved 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Thug said:

obviously.

i-have-transferred-u-the-monniessir.jpg

• Haha 3

On 22/06/2019 at 02:15, Villan_of_oz said:

I don't understand this point of view at all. Imagine if Lionel Messi gets put up for loan but Barca don't give us an option to buy, we just go nah thanks we'll be right

Thats part of the issue though, you wont get super players on just a loan for a season. It's usually players that are looking for a move but can't find a permanent move so settle for a loan, or kids that their parent clubs are looking to get other sucker to develop for them.

The club has shown its interest in the former option but only by adding a purchase clause at the end of the loan, its the latter option we are trying to move away from where we wont be taken for mugs anymore by developing other teams young promising players with no long term benefit for ourselves and rightly so.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see him come to Villa but Lampard starting at Chelsea and their transfer ban makes it feel very unlikely. The transfer window closing before the start of the season doesn't help.

When players like Ampadu saw for themselves who the manager was picking for the team at the start of the season, they would suddenly see through all the 'you're an important part of my plans' and want to go out on loan like Tammy did last year.

• Like 1

Ampadu set to go on loan

Chelsea's teenage Wales defender Ethan Ampadu is likely to leave the club on loan this season, manager Frank Lampard has confirmed.

The centre-back, 18, has not joined the Premier League club's pre-season tour of Japan in anticipation of a move.

Aston Villa are reportedly interested in signing Ampadu, who has played 12 times for Chelsea's first team.

This lad has been linked with us again today on the bbc. I can't see it beng to us, especially if our deals for Luiz and Engels go through shortly. I would have thought he would go to a club where he is guaranteed playing time, which might not happen here.

Â