Ethan Ampadu

momo

7 minutes ago, Junxs said:

^ No lost in translation for me mate, I'm all for loaning if there is a set purchase price that comes with it (and understood it as such). Just don't think Chelsea would allow it with this player so there is no truth to this rumour as far as I'm concerned.

Not as such with you or Stevo, just last few pages of posters in general mate.

All for loans here too if we get to buy at the end for a good price.

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I remember Purslow saying that we are done with loan signings going forward as it is a bad business model and they were looking to sign their "own" players.

Would be surprised by this.

A loan with a condition to make signing permanent if we want too is as good as a permanent signing. 

Ampadu is not going to happen imo, nor should it. We need to forge a strong midfield unit using Villa players and not loanees if we intend to stay in the Premier league for the long haul. 

If Ampadu were to sign on loan Chelsea would demand (in the loan contract) that he plays regularly, which would interfere with Smith's week on week improvement of his permanent Villa players.

12 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

A loan with a condition to make signing permanent if we want too is as good as a permanent signing. 

It's better (as long as there's a set fee agreed) because you have the option to send the player back if you want. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It's better (as long as there's a set fee agreed) because you have the option to send the player back if you want. 

It's better because we can massage the money in to next year's FFP if we have to

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It's better because we can massage the money in to next year's FFP if we have to

FFP is gone, we're in the Premier League now and don't need to worry about the nonsense EFL FFP rules. The Premier League effectively doesn't have FFP. 

3 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Not quite...

you would still need to persuade the player to sign.

if a loanee has a blinder, and attracts the attention of bigger fish, then once again we’d have just helped fill someone else’s purse.

It does have other advantages, so would be the next best thing to a permanent signing.

He would be awesome signing, dominates games from a young age and have no idea why Chelsea never gave him a chance especially since Jorginho was dreadful at times. 

No chance this happening

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Reads the game superbly. Great defensively and can pick a pass. Would be very happy with this addition.

I echo what @jacketspuds says in that if Lampard does land at Chelsea I don't see us getting Abraham or Ampadu anytime soon..

Both would be great signings but unfortunately Frank knows what he is doing and it's going to be a new look Chelsea imo.

Let's hope Olë cocks up at Utd and sells us Tuanzebe.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I echo what @jacketspuds says in that if Lampard does land at Chelsea I don't see us getting Abraham or Ampadu anytime soon..

Both would be great signings but unfortunately Frank knows what he is doing and it's going to be a new look Chelsea imo.

Don't they have some form of transfer restrictions in place as well, making any managers options limited to what's within the club?

Edit: Which also happens to consist of 40 loan players, so not exactly skint for personnel..

Edited by A'Villan

1 minute ago, A'Villan said:

Don't they have some form of transfer restrictions in place as well, making any managers options limited to what's within the club?

Embargo in terms of signings you mean AV?

I am not sure if they are appealing it or not, with that said if they lose the appeal there won't be any players that can be signed so using some of the great prospects he has will prob be his way forward.

I can't imagine too many leaving either with Hazard already gone.

But anything can happen and they could equally still win their appeal. 

50 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Embargo in terms of signings you mean AV?

I am not sure if they are appealing it or not, with that said if they lose the appeal there won't be any players that can be signed so using some of the great prospects he has will prob be his way forward.

I can't imagine too many leaving either with Hazard already gone.

But anything can happen and they could equally still win their appeal. 

Pretty sure the appeal got rejected very very quickly

• Thanks 1

On 18/06/2019 at 17:59, villalad21 said:

I remember Purslow saying that we are done with loan signings going forward as it is a bad business model and they were looking to sign their "own" players.

he has obviously seen a flaw first hand and doesn't want to repeat it.

However we are now in a much different place financially, so it easier to say we are not doing this again.

On 19/06/2019 at 02:59, villalad21 said:

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

he has obviously seen a flaw first hand and doesn't want to repeat it.

However we are now in a much different place financially, so it easier to say we are not doing this again.

Sure, it may be poor business model, as young talent is cheaper than established talent, and if they become successful command a larger fee than the original purchase price.

However from a football perspective, it's got to be about having the personnel we need in order to practice the philosophy that Smith wants to instill, and reach our goals.

Loans can be a good thing, depends on the circumstances.

16 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Pretty sure the appeal got rejected very very quickly

It did, but I believe they’ve taken it to the next level, The European Court of Arbitration I think. They’ll probably get the answer in about three years time!

• Haha 2

Have to say loans worked out very very well for Everton. Gomes and Zouma in the bag after excellent loan spells. No transfer agreements in eitheroan. Gomes told Barca he wouldn't sign for any other club. It's incredible that they got him for 20m

23 minutes ago, Villastine said:

Have to say loans worked out very very well for Everton. Gomes and Zouma in the bag after excellent loan spells. No transfer agreements in eitheroan. Gomes told Barca he wouldn't sign for any other club. It's incredible that they got him for 20m

Deluofeu to Watford is another good example of a loan that has worked out well.

• Like 3

Â