Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

Was impressed with him when he came on yesterday. Was direct, surprisingly packer than I thought, and he won practically every header.

Yeah i noticed he was putting alot more effort into winning headers than i'd ever seen.

Also notoriously was one of his weak points, even according to Brugge fans.

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

Was impressed with him when he came on yesterday. Was direct, surprisingly packer than I thought, and he won practically every header.

I too was impressed with Wesley ... he was definitely makin a nuisance of himself with the Newcastle defence.

Kudos too to Dean ... a bit of recognition for Ings, a bit of time management, and of course a five minute run for Wesley.

Hopefully he gets a couple against Barrow then ship him off on loan then re-asses. Selling him on the cheap might hurt our FFP so keeping him might be financially better.

I'm sure someone can correct me on the FFP stuff.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Hopefully we can get some money out of him though. 

Would benefit both parties 

It would but I think he’ll be given the opportunity to get back to full fitness here this season 

26 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Hopefully he gets a couple against Barrow then ship him off on loan then re-asses. Selling him on the cheap might hurt our FFP so keeping him might be financially better.

I'm sure someone can correct me on the FFP stuff.

We would need to get about £12m for him this summer to break even. Nobody in their right mind will pay that much.

Probably the best option for all parties involved is to loan him to Belgium, Turkey or similar place. He will get to play and rebuild his confidence and we will benefit from his value hopefully  increasing again.

We could keep him around, but how much game time is he gonna get?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

We would need to get about £12m for him this summer to break even. Nobody in their right mind will pay that much.

Probably the best option for all parties involved is to loan him to Belgium, Turkey or similar place. He will get to play and rebuild his confidence and we will benefit from his value hopefully  increasing again.

We could keep him around, but how much game time is he gonna get?

By keeping him I meant send him on loan until his contract is up if there's any takers , if not then hopefully get us as much as we can.  I should have made that a bit clearer. 

I think he'll stay.

Davis injured so problem with loaning Wes out and keeping Davis for yet another season is we won't have another striker on the bench if we're starting Ings and Watkins and Davis is out with a "knock."

Wes can at least do that role and hopefully score the odd goal off the bench as he gets his match fitness up. Actually interested if he'll start at Barrow as feels the sort of game where it would make sense to at least give him significant minutes.

18 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Was impressed with him when he came on yesterday. Was direct, surprisingly pacier than I thought, and he won practically every header.

I'm not here to have a dig he showed good effort but he didn't win every header though did he. I think he won one and it was a foul. Not that he had much time mind you

Just now, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Hoping he is being coached regarding how to use that frame to his advantage. I hope he bullies the sh*t out of the defenders tomorrow, but I fear he might be surprised at their physicality. If the latter does happen, I hope he doesn't let it get to him like in the Stoke game. 

A lot of hoping in this post...apologies.

I suppose, with Wes, this is all we have left

Wesley looks 32 years old and he has done since he moved here at the age of 22.

I wonder if that is to his disadvantage on here. People seem to act like he's a spent force, when he's still only 24.

I suspect that if this was a young looking 24 year old, like Todd Cantwell, people would subconsciously be more patient with his development.

332341-1581931892.jpg?lm=1

1192742539.jpg

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, YLN said:

I wonder if that is to his disadvantage on here. People seem to act like he's a spent force, when he's still only 24.

I suspect that if this was a young looking 24 year old, like Todd Cantwell, people would subconsciously be more patient with his development.

332341-1581931892.jpg?lm=1

1192742539.jpg

I really don't think that would make any difference at all.

25 minutes ago, YLN said:

Ridiculous.

Â