Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

19 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

It really would be counter productive to internally suspend him when he needs minutes to gain some fitness and sharpness, unless of course  he's gone all Drinkwater on it and headbutted a teammate in training but I'm sure something like that would have come out. Although with the Grealish circus last week it could have easily flown under the radar.

Just to be clear to those reading from the Birmingham Mail I am not suggesting something like this happened so don't go reporting it.

In general you put your best 11 players on the pitch. With those not making that cut on the bench.

On the above criteria it's easy to see why Wesley wasn't included .

26 minutes ago, hippo said:

In general you put your best 11 players on the pitch. With those not making that cut on the bench.

On the above criteria it's easy to see why Wesley wasn't included .

Well the post was in relation to him potentially being internally suspended not whether or not he should have been on the bench.

In general you have cover for all positions in a friendly. There were two goalkeepers on the bench yesterday. Using that criteria you would have expected him to make the bench. I'm going to go with he has either picked up a knock or he is finalising a move away from the club as opposed to the Dean Smith thinks Sinisalo is a better striker than Wesley or internal suspension theories.

Edited by sparrow1988

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Well the post was in relation to him potentially being internally suspended not whether or not he should have been on the bench.

In general you have cover for all positions in a friendly. There were two goalkeepers on the bench yesterday. Using that criteria you would have expected him to make the bench. I'm going to go with he has either picked up a knock or he is finalising a move away from the club as opposed to the Dean Smith thinks Sinisalo is a better striker than Wesley or internal suspension theories.

I think any move away will come later down the line. Right now I don't think he is under consideration for first team duties hence not involved Sunday.

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I think he's done here. I just can't see any scenario where he is once again a regular player for this club. 

I really wanted him to succeed when we first signed him but it was obvious early on that he's not good enough. And now a serious injury has probably put an end to it in this league. 

I hope he goes and finds success elsewhere. Not his fault, but arguably our biggest transfer error under this ownership. 

Possibly this. Still think he might be a good bench option now that we have both Ings and Watkins potentially playing together. Still not given up 100% on the man.

An odd signing. Injuries aside, never looked like catching fire. I don’t think we’ll see close to what we got for him. Our only hope is to loan him out, he does well, market value increases or at least runs parallel to what we bought him for. Villa would take a huge loss if they sold him now. Player back from injury, didn’t look great prior to it. We aren’t coming from a position of strength in terms of bargaining power selling Wesley. Loan him out. We’ve done it before.

• Like 1

It’s a shame really.

He was just starting to get into his flow.  New country, new style, and in a pretty poor team which had just come up.

1 goal in every 4 games not bad considering all that, but even in Belgium he only managed 1 in 3.

I think there was a lot of frustration with his moaning and rolling around tactics at first, but he was just starting to get over all that too.

Would he have come good? Who knows.

The only thing we know for sure is that Ben Mee has robbed him of his opportunity of a lifetime.

The saddest part of it all? Mee just gets to carry on like nothing happened.

Edited by Thug

• 2 weeks later...

Not long enough to really effect the game, but lovely to see him back today. Worked really hard and looked a handful. 

Welcome back big fella 

Â