Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Just now, Spoony said:

I really hope this is it for Wesley. Don’t want to be mean but he is just never going to be good enough and I just can’t stand watching him. Shame about the injury and I’d wish him all the best and hope he can kick his career on, but not here. 

Yup. Nothing personal.

Was an ok player when we were a team fighting relegation.

We've moved on now and he isn't up to the new level.

Hope he succeed wherever he goes next.

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

With the signing of Ings it leaves Wesley in a rather awkward position.

Surely on his way out?

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

👋

With Davis injured, wouldn't this just drop him down to 3rd choice striker?

Although, we could still sign another forward hybrid to replace Jack and strike cover.

Awaiting @Kiwivillan to let me know if Traore can play there.

If I'm honest I'm glad we are progressing to levels where the likes of Wesley are no longer needed. 

It never made sense after watching him play. But no teams gets them all right. 

I wish him luck if he moves and if he doesn't, not a terrible 3rd/4th choice. 

Sadly i think he needs to move on or he is now third choice, maybe even fourth after davis gets back from injury. Agree with everyone, dont dislike the guy at all but he has not shown he can be a reliable forward for us. Which sucks but is what it is. I also think his temper issues are a liability in prem games. Opponents will now target him.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

So unlucky with his injury. I really hope he gets his career back on track but he isn’t going to get the opportunities at villa so time to move on. I hope we are not paying him silly wages that block a move for him abroad.

Just now, nick76 said:

Wes not even on the bench, have I missed something?

Not sure what’s up, but he wasn’t training yesterday. Maybe injured?

Just now, av1 said:

Not sure what’s up, but he wasn’t training yesterday. Maybe injured?

I think with the rumours/speculation that the reason we dont have a Bailey number is waiting on Wes to go on loan/sell so he can have number 9 shirt may have some legs then rather than injury.  Maybe a Wes departure is imminent....but as you say it just as easily be an injury.

Wes banned surely for straight red for violent conduct

I don’t think Wes has much of a future here, but I’d be tempted to keep him around until at least January given Ings’s injury record. Let him have a few cup games to potentially get his value back up a bit. Or send him out on loan with ability to recall if necessary.

Am sure Wes was suspended. No reason for him to be out of squad entirely. 

I'd let him go on Loan this season if right offer came in. Davis won't be loaned until January so he will be adequate back up now we have Ings and Bailey

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Am sure Wes was suspended. No reason for him to be out of squad entirely. 

I'd let him go on Loan this season if right offer came in. Davis won't be loaned until January so he will be adequate back up now we have Ings and Bailey

Suspension for violent conduct carries in to the league match not the friendlies 

He should be suspended vs Watford, maybe for the first 3 games 

Â