Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Suspension for violent conduct carries in to the league match not the friendlies 

He should be suspended vs Watford, maybe for the first 3 games 

im pretty certain you can't get a suspension from a friendly

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Am sure Wes was suspended. No reason for him to be out of squad entirely. 

I'd let him go on Loan this season if right offer came in. Davis won't be loaned until January so he will be adequate back up now we have Ings and Bailey

I think he is so far away from the first team right now there was no point in him being involved in the final practice match before the season starts.

Not sure what will happen to him now. Even a fleeting appearance from the bench looks highly unlikely.

1 hour ago, mattyvilla said:

my bad didnt think you could

Read up on it to check 

Apparently it can happen but all depends on whether or not the ref bothers to write it up in his report, if it happens abroad in a friendly its then whether or not that national FA can be bothered to write it up to our FA... So it's really hit and miss as to whether or not it happens 

Also found out that the FA have a current suspensions list on their website and Wes isn't on it, turns out rushian Hepburn Murphy is though! When he makes his triumphant return from the Cypriot league and signs for man city he'll have to serve an old suspension before he can kick a ball for them 

Biggest example of it I could find was Wayne Rooney and Paul Scholes got 3 match bans in the PL due to being sent off in the Amsterdam tournament in 2006 so it definitely can happen 

I think he's done here. I just can't see any scenario where he is once again a regular player for this club. 

I really wanted him to succeed when we first signed him but it was obvious early on that he's not good enough. And now a serious injury has probably put an end to it in this league. 

I hope he goes and finds success elsewhere. Not his fault, but arguably our biggest transfer error under this ownership. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Maybe it was an internal suspension.

It really would be counter productive to internally suspend him when he needs minutes to gain some fitness and sharpness, unless of course  he's gone all Drinkwater on it and headbutted a teammate in training but I'm sure something like that would have come out. Although with the Grealish circus last week it could have easily flown under the radar.

Just to be clear to those reading from the Birmingham Mail I am not suggesting something like this happened so don't go reporting it.

Edited by sparrow1988

Â