Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Seeing that picture of Ben Mee jump tackling Wesley still pisses me off.

I saw Ben Mee do an interview the other day as the face of PL players giving to the NHS and I thought “just do one you thug.”

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I saw Ben Mee do an interview the other day as the face of PL players giving to the NHS and I thought “just do one you thug.”

He was on the radio this morning with Gary Lineker, radio 4 I think. I had the same thought as you - “**** off Ben Mee you dirty cheating word removed” basically. 

Just now, It's Your Round said:

He was on the radio this morning with Gary Lineker, radio 4 I think. I had the same thought as you - “**** off Ben Mee you dirty cheating word removed” basically. 

I bet Burnley fans feel the same way about Tyrone Mings

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think there’s a good chance a lot of people will be eating humble pie on their opinions on Wes.

There were flashes of how good he could be, all depends on how he comes back from the injury but some of the comments on here you’d expect to see reserved for opposition players.

I agree with you 

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think there’s a good chance a lot of people will be eating humble pie on their opinions on Wes.

There were flashes of how good he could be, all depends on how he comes back from the injury but some of the comments on here you’d expect to see reserved for opposition players.

He might develop into a class player, but up until the injury he looked like a competition winner for the most part.

He showed flashes of competence and it's not his fault we payed such a silly transfer fee and I'll be delighted if he turns out worth the money.

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

What flashes?

Happy for his recovery but my God do i hope Samatta is here long term and Wes in nowhere near a starting eleven.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What flashes?

Happy for his recovery but my God do i hope Samatta is here long term and Wes in nowhere near a starting eleven.

Against Burnley, Norwich, Everton and Arsenal. We just hope to see that level from him more consistently, it is up to Smith to get it out of him, I think both are capable of it, it could be the difference between us staying up and going down

33 minutes ago, sne said:

He might develop into a class player, but up until the injury he looked like a competition winner for the most part.

He showed flashes of competence and it's not his fault we payed such a silly transfer fee and I'll be delighted if he turns out worth the money.

I think he showed more than just flashes of competence, in the Everton/Burnley/Norwich games he was unplayable almost, getting that out of him consistently is the key.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Shame we did not have Samatta from the beginning of the season. I think our position would be much improved.

No doubt in my mind. Early season we were so much better than the last few months, but totally toothless.

Even if he comes good at some point the summer wasn't the right time for a £20m promising youngster as our only striker.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

No doubt in my mind. Early season we were so much better than the last few months, but totally toothless.

Even if he comes good at some point the summer wasn't the right time for a £20m promising youngster as our only striker.

We expect miracles from our players sadly, Wesley has done well whenever he’s played for us in my opinion. He has become a bit of a scapegoat on here and at the matches sadly but I think he’s done well for us. He holds it up well and brings others in to the game well, not only that, he’s a good finisher too

21 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We expect miracles from our players sadly, Wesley has done well whenever he’s played for us in my opinion. He has become a bit of a scapegoat on here and at the matches sadly but I think he’s done well for us. He holds it up well and brings others in to the game well, not only that, he’s a good finisher too

I’m a fan of his because he has shown enough flashes of potential but you can’t say he’s done well whenever he’s played... but I hope he comes back fit and firing and fighting for a place.

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I’m a fan of his because he has shown enough flashes of potential but you can’t say he’s done well whenever he’s played... but I hope he comes back fit and firing and fighting for a place.

He was shaping up for having his best game when he got crocked unfortunately!

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Why not? I think he has done well but for some reason, the other fans around me get on his back. Maybe, if we all got behind him, he might be even better than he already is

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

He was shaping up for having his best game when he got crocked unfortunately!

I agree with us against 2 very good Premier League centre backs in Ben Mee and James Tarkowski. Wesley made them look silly at times in that match 

For me the issue was that he was too isolated, the games where we got players close to him, and playing off him, he looked good.

We probably wouldnt play with sama and wesley, as deano seems to like one striker, but however we do it we need to get players closer to the forward players, too many times players aren't within 20m of the ball and we leave players isolated.

I do wonder if a front 3 of grealish, sama and wesley might work.

• Like 1

I have a feeling if we let him go, we would regret it like Traore.....I think it could be another case like that.

He has much to get right, but its doable.

but I think there is something in there....I think he would benefit from not being in a struggling team.

He would be better in slicker approach play, like Dion Dublin did.

I wouldn't be too quick to get rid.....but he has to stop the whinging and approach the game like Shearer or Andy Gray.....you give me the physical stuff and I'll give you harder.....He has to get the opposition to fear him.

He is not a Vardy ( will o' the Wisp) he is a big ole' unit like Andy Carroll, he needs to use that prudently.

If he did nothing more than just hog the back post, he would get his quota.....not saying I just want him to do that, but saying that would be minimum of a nuisance value.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â