Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Ings would have been great but there's many many average players we could have brought in who would have done much more for us.

We could have signed Jay Rodriguez for £5m and we'd have been miles better off. Or Che Adams who has a mighty zero goals for Southampton, he'd have produced more than Wes.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Or Che Adams who has a mighty zero goals for Southampton, he'd have produced more than Wes.

So someone that has scored no goals would have produced more than someone that has scored goals?

You lot make me giggle you really do. 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

So someone that has scored no goals would have produced more than someone that has scored goals?

You lot make me giggle you really do. 

Absolutely he would, and he wouldn't have had to play particularly well either. You surely aren't just looking at 5>0 and thinking he's better?

Genuinely surprising someone could be in the wrong place as often as Wes when he's on the pitch so much.

Just one example though. All we needed was an average striker and they'd given the team infinitely more than Wes' negligible offering.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Jesus we have a seriously dedicated group of haters on this site.

I was wondering what was going on when I saw the thread bumped.... anyhow...

Me to. Was hoping it was some good news about his recovery only to find the same plums talking rubbish. 

Sad really. 

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Absolutely he would, and he wouldn't have had to play particularly well either. You surely aren't just looking at 5>0 and thinking he's better?

Genuinely surprising someone could be in the wrong place as often as Wes when he's on the pitch so much.

Just one example though. All we needed was an average striker and they'd given the team infinitely more than Wes' negligible offering.

He was also clearly in right place 5 times.

Adams has either not been in the right place once, or he can't hit a barn door. 

You are talking absolutely rubbish. 

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Any examples of midfielders and wingers which we can "Imagine if we had signed instead of xxx"?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

11 minutes ago, HAL said:

Funny how when we play a formation that suited him he looked far better. Shame he got injured

Nah sod that, remember defending, midfielding and so on starts from the front, plus the negativity he spread by being so poor which filtered through to the rest of the fans and players etc....

The midfielders couldn't pass to each other, and gave away the ball incessantly, causing the defenders not to be able to defend and kept us under constant pressure because he wasn't doing his job at the front remember.

He was playing deep alot of the time, not to help out the rest of the team under pressure, but because he didn't know where the goal was.

And he's got one leg shorter than the other.

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Any examples of midfielders and wingers which we can "Imagine if we had signed instead of xxx"?

Sure, not a problem. You're not going to poo poo them though are you?

We could have signed Robert Skov for the same price as Trez, or if you want some change, Ludovic Blas or Mikkel Damsgaard for half the price.

Aaron Mooy for £3m looks like one of the bargains of the season for Brighton to me. He'd have been nice. 

Youssouf Fofana was available this summer and has since gone to Monaco. Ibrahim Sangare is someone who will be on the move soon with Toulouse going down. Either of those two offer much more on the ball than Marv.

Hoping Samatta can have us asking why we didn't sign him instead of Wes in the Summer when he keeps us up.

20 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Hoping Samatta can have us asking why we didn't sign him instead of Wes in the Summer when he keeps us up.

For the 100th time, there are accounts that we wanted to sign BOTH Wesley and Samatta (Or a Samatta type) and it fell through for whatever reason.

Either way, the regurgitated point is about the team overall.

I have high hopes for Samatta too.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

For the 100th time, there are accounts that we wanted to sign BOTH Wesley and Samatta (Or a Samatta type) and it fell through for whatever reason.

Either way, the regurgitated point is about the team overall.

I have high hopes for Samatta too.

Yes I know but it didn't happen for whatever reason and it was an absolute disaster.

So poor from Suso, Purslow, Smith, whoever thought they could give it a go with one new striker.

I think we'd have more points if we'd have had Samatta all season instead of Wes. Wonder how it all broke down for this to happen? It's not even like a deal collapsed late on, we had everyone in two weeks before the start of the season. There was obviously £10m hanging around for a striker as well.

If we go down, and being the bell I am I think we will, that has hurt us so much. It hasn't given us a chance even, over half a season without a striker.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Sure, not a problem. You're not going to poo poo them though are you?

We could have signed Robert Skov for the same price as Trez, or if you want some change, Ludovic Blas or Mikkel Damsgaard for half the price.

Aaron Mooy for £3m looks like one of the bargains of the season for Brighton to me. He'd have been nice.

never-ignore-a-pooh-pooh.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, av1 said:

He was also clearly in right place 5 times.

Adams has either not been in the right place once, or he can't hit a barn door. 

You are talking absolutely rubbish. 

Lets flip it. You could recieve one striker for your PL club tomorrow. Adams + 5 mill or Wes.

Wes? Really? 

40 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Lets flip it. You could recieve one striker for your PL club tomorrow. Adams + 5 mill or Wes.

Wes? Really? 

One has scored in the PL, the other hasn't. So yes, Wes. 

37 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Wes? Really? 

I’d take Wesley. The issue with the Wesley transfer is that he needed to be in a squad with another striker more in the Samatta mould (smaller, quicker, more of a poacher / presser). You need that yin and yang with your strike options, and we didn’t have that.

But I don’t think he’s the disastrously shit player others are making out. Not sure Che Adams would have helped us much at all.

IMO Wesley will have a relatively successful career at Villa. I still believe that. Big mistake relying on him as our only strike option, but not a big mistake signing him.

I can’t stand Wes for many reasons, but to suggest Che Adams is better, when he quite obviously isn’t, is a bit mad.

I haven’t written Wes off yet, but I do really hate watching him. But he isn’t exactly the worst flop ever and indeed he has at least scored a few goals. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Jesus we have a seriously dedicated group of haters on this site.

I was wondering what was going on when I saw the thread bumped.... anyhow...

Hate is a very strong word, I don't hate him one bit. I just don't think he is very good and was a poor buy. .................Damn I forgot not allowed an opinion on VT!

Â